Wooly buggers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Outram Nugget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wooly buggers
    Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 8:16pm
Outram Nugget View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Any one know who ties these flys and where to get them. Black wooly bugger tied with some blue/purple flash into the body and green wire used to tie the body, killer night fly and can’t seem to find any more lately
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 7:50pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Tie your own    Only takes 5min to tie one.     In the dark it is the black silhouette that does it not any of the fancy trimmings

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 8:05pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Rainbow Rainbow wrote:

Tie your own    Only takes 5min to tie one.    

Rainbow

If you have the skills. Pretty sure I couldn't tie one Big smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 8:12pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

If you can tie your shoelaces you can tie a simple wet fly like a Wooly Bugger.   Globugs are even simpler only take one minute to tie.  I only tie flies to catch fish not anglers so keep it as simple and as quick as possible.   Really nothing to it and you don't even need much gear to get you started.    I still use the same cheap Indian made vice I bought 30 years ago.    Add a bobbin holder and a pair of small scissors and you are under way.   
last winter I was fishing in the same pool with a guy that bought some very fancy double hook flies costing $6 each for his Skagit outfit.    When he hit a snag he waded in up to his arm pits and poked around with his rod tip trying everything to free them.    He lost seven while I was there.    He almost had tears in his eyes every time he had to break one off.    
Rainbow