Not stolen but found a torpedo..............

Post Options Post Options   Likes (6) Likes(6)   Quote Orchidman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not stolen but found a torpedo..............
    Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 7:50pm
Orchidman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

..............Floating off Muriwai today. The Charter boat I crew on was fishing approx 3 miles off the beach. Picked it up along with approx 200m of line and a backbone that had obviously been the victim of sharks.
If you lost one or know of someone who did, pm me with details of the make and the serial number and I will return it.

I have emailed the manufacturers/Distributor to see if they can help locate the owner.
Unfortunately there are no details either on the outside or inside to identify who's it is.............
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clifftastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 11:21am
Clifftastic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work Orchidman. What Charter do you crew on? Any good? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote Orchidman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 4:36am
Orchidman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Owner found and torpedo returned. It was a gift from his elderly mother whom he has been caring for over the last 15-20 yrs.
She saved up the money from her pension to buy it as a thank you for all he has done for her.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 7:16am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one Alex well done.
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 7:18am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You're a good man, Mr Corbin.
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 8:09am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Well done, the world needs people with your morals. Good on you.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 8:52am
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Orchidman, good on you mate its great to hear that there are still some good buggers around!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 9:48am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Ditto, good to hear nice stories for a change
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 10:23am
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Great result! Well done sir. (Liked)
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 12:10pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There are a lot more "good buggers around"  than we think or believe there are.