Engetsu CT 100PG baitcaster

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engetsu CT 100PG baitcaster
    Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 11:59am
John_B View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Does anyone have a decent translation of the manual or understanding of how to set the line counter on the 100PG model.

Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 2:05pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

https://www.youharbor.com/products/shimano-15-engetsu-ct-101pg-034441-baitcasting-reels

Push & hold the on/off button, then release the line.
A vertical drop will give you a reading but mine seems to be about 1.5 mtrs out over 25 mtrs.
Great little reel but damn annoying not being able to access English instruction manual.
There is a bit on Youtube, worth looking at.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 4:26pm
John_B View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Tks Uncle

Yeah I got that far but it was the discrepancy between the digital reading and the actual length (mine is more than yours) which made me think that I was missing something. The number of pages devoted to the digital display makes me think that there may be some calibration process that you have to go through to align with the amount of line on the spool

. . . or maybe not.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 4:28pm
John_B View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

‘Mine’ as in ‘discrepancy’ not ‘length’!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 6:18pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

I'm thinking the diameter of the line itself will be having an effect?
& of course, just how full the spool is..