Stradic 5000

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Playtime123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stradic 5000
    Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 9:30pm
Playtime123 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I have a new stradic 5000, what would you recommend for a rod ?
Have spent a bit of coin on T.A.S of late so not looking at the top end.
Most likely put 20lb braid on it, unless there are other recommendations?
Will mainly use for general fishing around the gulf (kingi's).
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote speckledknob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 6:50pm
speckledknob View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Shimano energy concept 5-10 is a nice rod I have it paired with the same reel. Actually a bit too heavy for what I had in mind for it so would suit you well enough. Bit pricey though but if you can find it on special... No doubt any of the Shimano 5-10kg rods would suit well enough tho..The latest katana nano series (or whatever the hell they call it) feel nice in the hand as well if you want to spend a bit less? I think they are around 150ish. Okuma nano matrix for around the same coin. I tend to go for the stiffer blanks tho dunno what you are into..
All split grips though. which can be a pain in the ass if you want to put/use in a rod holder for any reason. Wish manufactures would go back to the full length grips... The okuma is especially pathetic

Will hold a crapload of 20lb. Since you say kingies I'd go 30lb if you have another lighter softbait set already.. Stick with 20 if ur doing a bit of everything with it?

Wow only just seen the date nobody seems to post in this section huh? I guess you have already picked something..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 8:45pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'd go for the Nano matrix 7ft 8-12kg. Good rod for a sharp price. Will chuck a 20g salmon lure 45m. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote speckledknob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 8:58pm
Bronze
Bronze

they are nice blanks ay. good for working plastics too nice and stiff and load up well. that dinky little split grip with the big foregrip bothers me a lot for some reason though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 9:00pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That isn't a big reel, so I'd go for a medium/heavy soft baiting rod, assuming you're talking about casting lures of one kind or another. My current favourite is a cheapie. I think this would be about right for your reel and braid choices: https://www.marine-deals.co.nz/shimano-shadow-x-nano-spinning-rod-7ft-5-10kg-2pc
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sassy_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 10:56am
sassy_nz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Star +1 for this rod Star 

Love them that much i've got two haha. Have the 4000 of the stradic and its awesome. Thinking about jumping down to a nano lite 2-5kg and putting a 2500 stradic or 3000 sustain on it for some good lite fishing battles LOLLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote speckledknob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 9:01pm
Bronze
Bronze

after owning both fj and fk stradics and the sustain I can honestly say don't waste your money on the sustain.... but definitely downsize! you can get the stradic in 3000 if you want the extra line cap