Gamefishing Updates - Bay of Islands - 17/18

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 11:22pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

not El Donna?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 10:17pm
White snake View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I know Its late.going wide tomorrow out of Russel any one keen
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote Adam Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:25pm
Adam Scott View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nothing reported on here for a few months so will update.
Zane Grey comp has just finished with some impressive catches, a 252kg Blue was caught on 15kg Line on Anchorage, a mens NZ record. The Paihia weighmaster Dick Sheradan landed a great 80.25kg Yellowfin with Graeme Heapy on the wheel.
Beautiful water in the bay at the moment in real close, looks pretty good.
I haven't had much time out there this season with coaching kids sport and generally pretty poor weather, however we have been lucky enough find the kids some action for show and tell close to home which was nice.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 1:47pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That's cool Adam, great to see the kids doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:16pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great stuff, looks at those smiles.
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 8:35pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs UpThat's a like from me too. Way cool photos. 
I know what you mean about the weather sure has slowed me down this season.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jayr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 9:02pm
Jayr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Great day Adam, & real nice to see Nan steering the chair. :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 6:49am
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice Work, love the photo with and array of flags up!! Well Done
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Adam Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 8:50am
Platinum
Platinum

A few fish in the bay but far from hot. They appear to be spread out with little bait visible.
For the number of boats, the quality of water and the great weather over the break I think the results were average.
We did snag this little one for one of the kids mates on Friday which ate a skippy lure. Other than that pretty quiet.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jayr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 6:34pm
Jayr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Great fishing for for the kids Adam.
Charlie tagged two on Choppa Gun & we managed to finally put one on the board aswell that comes out of the smoker tomorrow.
Although ours took a lure most I have heard of have been on baits.
Cheers 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote waynorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 7:59pm
waynorth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Spent today off the Brett - had a free jumper in 180 and spent a while hooked up in 190 until the hook straightened. Some solid shallow bait in similar depths east of the Cape, but not much elsewhere. Good water started about 150 off the Cape/140 middle Bay.

Also had my last original Beer Barrel cut off by the running fish Cry   I bought it when Adam wasn't much older than the guy holding the rod in that photo...
treat fish like fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Adam Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 8:59am
Platinum
Platinum

Heard you got one John, well done.
Unlucky Doug but we haven't aged a day

Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Adam Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:45am
Platinum
Platinum

Without doubt the hot patch of fishing is Ocean beach, however we found this one yesterday in the bay and didn't see another boat out there all day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 8:01pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great stuff. She looks like a seasoned professional too, soo relaxed. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jayr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 8:25am
Jayr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice Adam, yeeees I looked at the forcast & made the wrong call!!
Rest of the week looks very smart though. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Team2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:39pm
Team2 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Finally after a number of false starts got out yesterday out off the Bay and played between the Pin and Cavs.
Came across saury being chased at 210m off the cavs.
Moved further out after no further action.
Finally at 230m hooked up on the shotgun and fish jumped all over the show while I started clearing other rods. Fishing solo so a bit slow and after one rod in noticed reel no longer screaming despite fish still jumping. Discovered fish had jumped on line and my 2 minutes of excitement all over.
Well finally found them up this way so will try again next week.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:45pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Unlucky. Next time it will stick. Good excuse to go shopping for replacement lure. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Team2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:06pm
Team2 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey Doug,
Good idea but still have all those ones the boys keep buying when they are home.

Looks like Wednesday will be the next day out.
Page  <12