Sea Nymph Gullwing 14.6 - back to back seats

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ngunguru1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sea Nymph Gullwing 14.6 - back to back seats
    Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 9:11pm
Ngunguru1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi,

I recently bought my first boat, a Sea Nymph Gullwing 146 with 90hp Mariner. I've had it out a few times, love the boat but not the current seating set up. It's currently got 2 pedestal chilly bins with upholstered vinyl on top. They're not fixed to the floor, rather they sit in a wooden frame to stop them sliding around. They're reasonably high which is good but move around a bit and as I have 2 kids they're no good for them to use when fishing and no good when towing a biscuit.

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I could get hold of a pair of the back top back style seats which i think they originally came out with? I've seen some sold new but they're very expensive - just wondering if there are any other options.Any suggestions gratefully received!

Cheers,
Richard

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Don18025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 11:13pm
Don18025 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Suggest you contact Hi Tech Plastics - https://hitechplastics.co.nz/

The wooden oblong frame is still glassed to the floor. You could make your own.
Use plywood and timber and make it strong enough to sit on top.
Remember when buying second hand they might already be stuffed!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 2:16am
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i have two of the plastic high/low seats in my mac 420 and find it works really well with the kids.

lots
of storage underneath. i actually moved the tote tank insode the wider one for
more floor area.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 2:17am
Titanium
Titanium

oh, and i turned them around so the lower seat is infront now. i find it better when driving.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 5:56pm
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

May not be any help but. With the old 14ft 6 sea nymph i grew up with. We used to sit on the head rest more than the front seat.. purely so we could actually see where we were going as the purple windscreen was horrible with some spray on it.

Deffo would try source them with young ones around though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ngunguru1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 7:39pm
Ngunguru1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks very much for the replies everyone. Unfortunately the wooden frame no longer there, I may have a go at making my own I think... I like your set up CanadianJohn - that’s pretty much what I’m looking to achieve.

Re the windscreen I know exactly what you mean! I have the model with the Perspex visor above the actual windscreen- makes it quite high and difficult to see unless your standing. I’ve been considering removing it as will also mean then I can get the boat into the garage.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crazzed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 9:07pm
Crazzed View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 9:30pm
Titanium
Titanium

when i had my sea nymph i took my back to back seats out and had a large chilly bin. two younger two sat infront with me. older boy faced backwards.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote neil_cb125t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 9:00am
neil_cb125t View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Richard,

Its so funny how people like to setup their machines, I picked up a 14.6 a couple of years back - the king and queen back to back seats were the first thing I pulled out! I then made my own system which sounds similar to like what you are running - mines a large bin but im using 2 of the original seat "pans" to sit on, that can switch from front to back facing etc.

Anyway short story - I have the original seats still.....Im in Feilding - at the VERY least you can borrow them to replicate a setup, they are actually specifically designed to match the internal of the hull. 

You may even be able to take the seats complete If We can come up with a better squab for my setup. 

The reason I took them out ( and Im guessing why others do too ) is they are rather long running front to back - so take up a heck of alot of room. 

flick me a txt if its easier - 021866345

Neil

Originally posted by Ngunguru1 Ngunguru1 wrote:

Hi,

I recently bought my first boat, a Sea Nymph Gullwing 146 with 90hp Mariner. I've had it out a few times, love the boat but not the current seating set up. It's currently got 2 pedestal chilly bins with upholstered vinyl on top. They're not fixed to the floor, rather they sit in a wooden frame to stop them sliding around. They're reasonably high which is good but move around a bit and as I have 2 kids they're no good for them to use when fishing and no good when towing a biscuit.

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I could get hold of a pair of the back top back style seats which i think they originally came out with? I've seen some sold new but they're very expensive - just wondering if there are any other options.Any suggestions gratefully received!

Cheers,
Richard

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ngunguru1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 7:48am
Ngunguru1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Neil,

Thanks very much for your reply and offer of assistance! I’ll definitely flick you a text about this. I’ll be in contact over the next couple of days.

Lots more space in the boat without back to back seats which is great. I have 2 small kids and I think it would be better for when they’re in the boat to have seats. Also for the biscuit towing that goes on.

Happy NY to you.

Cheers,
Richard

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote neil_cb125t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 7:39pm
neil_cb125t View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

hi peps - I was contacted a while ago about my original Sea Nymph seats. Back then my brother (who owned half the boat) didnt wanna sell em.

I have bought my brother out so im happy to part with the seats. At this stage im using 2 out of the 4 seat squabs. but can sort a solution.

The original seat setup is king and queen style, ok condition they have been in storage for a few years. Ill post up on the trading section.