Any good places in Auckland to shoot peacocks pls,

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ravij Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any good places in Auckland to shoot peacocks pls,
    Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 1:59pm
Ravij View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Guys any good place in Auckland to hunt peacocks, pls do let me know, I am new to Auckland.
thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 4:11pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The only legal way to do it is get permission to shoot on someone's land. If you don't know anyone with suitable land, you'll have to start knocking on doors and asking for permission.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 4:27pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

For meat?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 6:29pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

For meat?
a few sites say cook it slowly like a turkey,no idea what it would taste like,cannot imagine much meat by the time you remove all the feathers though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 6:51pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They're not too different to pheasant.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 11:49am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Would be like wild turkey/ goose/ puk would imagine
 Just dont shoot a old bird, younger pullet or little more.
 But If the cricket season starts early, forget any nice tasting meat.....

Lean wild meat.. must be very well seared, the cook hot and fast, otherwise long cook will dry the meat out.. loose most of what little fat is there..
 And a couple, not enough to taste, of cooking chocolate buttons laid on to... and if gravy couple that.
 It smooths out the game flavours that put a lot ppl off game meats.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 2:26pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

We eat turkeys, but then I raise them. I do feed them crickets once summer has really kicked in and they still taste fine. I'm not rubbishing the cricket theory as it's well established, but...

Peacocks are very tasty by all accounts.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street