Braid Options

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Braid Options
    Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 2:32pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looking at 10/12lb braid options for spin, softbaiting..
So many options these daysConfused 
What's working well and recommended by you guys?

Cheers
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 3:03pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Tasline Elite is the best i have ever used skunk, very thin, no wind knots and strong and NZ made

www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 4:51pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

x2.

I have a very light PE rated Tasline Elite White, and a slightly heavier one for a 4000 size reel.
Both cast beautifully. I got mine from Australia, before Kaveman started to stock it.

Each batch of Tasline has the actual breaking strain on it from the factory, rather than a 'stated' rating - which as has been canvassed a lot on the forum, can vary wildly compared to the actual.

I also have some Varivas Sea Bass (fluoro green) which I imported from Japan along with some squid jigs. It is nice to cast as well. Seems to only come in shorter spools, though. The spool has the 'max' breaking strain on it, but most Japanese-marketed lines are rated by PE first, rather than breaking strain.

I have had a few issues with Sufix 832 in the thinner sizes - the only line I seem to get wind knots with, not sure why. My first line was Berkley Fireline Exceed, and that was nice to cast and seemed to last well. Though it faded quite quickly from fluoro green to nearly white.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 6:28pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I haven't tried Tasline and I should. I like the Suffix 832
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 6:45pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

J-Diawa
 Found wind knots a problem on the penn braid used to have.. then one day took 50 odd ms of the end of the rod out into the back yard.. Back to the rod tip and ran the braid thu my fingers, and started to twist up.
Got the electric drill , put the end in the chuck, 4 mins , normal drill direction.
 No more wind knots.
Think maybe has something to do with winding an egg beater while fish pulling, and /or  if a lure or bait is not tidy and spins up (???)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 8:56pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

I haven't tried Tasline and I should. I like the Suffix 832

I've found it great on overhead reels, Smudge, just struggled with it for long casting on my spin set.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 9:35pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks guys, I have used a lot of the mentioned except the Tasline.
Sounds well worth a try.
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 9:45pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by skunk skunk wrote:

Thanks guys, I have used a lot of the mentioned except the Tasline.
Sounds well worth a try.

I only started to stock Tasline as it was so good, not the cheapest but definately not the dearest either and after using it for a year or so, i have not noticed any deteriation in line quality or "mysterious bustoffs"
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote viscount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 5:36am
viscount View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I have gone away from most braids and now use varivas x8 jigging braid for soft baiting and slow jigging can't beat it and I've tried most over the last ten years, Pe.8 for slow jigging and Pe 1.2 for softbaiting.
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job - Paul Schullery
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 7:26am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by viscount viscount wrote:

I have gone away from most braids and now use varivas x8 jigging braid for soft baiting and slow jigging can't beat it and I've tried most over the last ten years, Pe.8 for slow jigging and Pe 1.2 for softbaiting.

Pe8 for slow jigging???
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 7:28am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

As you were... had my pre coffee eyes on PE. 8 that makes more sense 🤣👍
Tight lines
PE Pete