nuie 2017

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote powerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nuie 2017
    Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 5:58pm
powerman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What can i say nuie just gets better and better,i have travelled throughout the pacific islands and have definately found my placeWinkwhere else can you catch mahimahi or wahoo even a yellowfin from a kayak,only 300m from the shore .My wife and i had the use of a double kayak at Arvatele and this time caught a great mahimahi at the FAD on a stickbait. It was too hard to land onto the kayak so monique paddled the 300m to the beach where i landed it off the shore( what a woman),IS THAT A FIRST?Big smile Fishing off the rocks was great also with bluefin trevally and coral trout falling to soft baits, which i doubt they had ever seen before. The potential for a land based gamefish is massive here with very deep water often right up to the shore. Im also a keen spearfisherman and went on a charter with sea turtle to the spearfishing fad (the locals aren't that keen on spearfishing and you are only allowed to do it in certain places) The viz was incredable they say up to 70m and from what i could see was totally believable. Hundreds of rainbow runner and small mahimahi where swimming around the fad with one very docile shark(not sure of speicies)after trying to burly up a Wahoo or yellowfin a dosen or so sharks came around and started getting very friendly.  Landing anything let alone a wahoo would be impossible.I also got the chance to go commercial fishing with one of the locals useing handlines and Flying fish baits, which was awsome. We caught mahimahi, yellowfin and big barracuda. Everywhere you go on nuie the awsumness is overwelming. The locals (as long as treated with respect)are open and very welcoming) At this time of year the temp is around 26 in the day and around 18 at night ,with some days having occasional showers,but much better than here .IF you want to excape our crap winter and are a keen fisherman don't look past Nuie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote powerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 6:22pm
powerman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Proof
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Whippa-Schnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 7:42pm
Whippa-Schnapper View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice work on the Mahimahi! I'll be over there next week and hope to have the same luck. cheers for the report.
keen fisho