Lumo stuff?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lumo stuff?
    Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 2:50pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Lumo bits and bobs, skirts and beads etc. Do you think it makes a difference for jigging and bait fishing in deeper water? Say over 50 metres.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 3:55pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

If you ain't utilizing lumo for fishing at that depth, you are putting your yourself under a significant handicap. imho

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 3:58pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

that's my feeling too. just wondered what other people's experiences were. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 4:21pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

To clear the "lumo" definition up.
There is luminescence, thats where the item has been left in the sun, or UV torch, then after the torch is off , will glow all by its self

Then there is fluorescence, this is where when the item is hit with a light of a given wave length (colour) it glows, remove the light source and stops glowing.
 Some softbaits / lures do this, and by coincided I think the more popular 'go tos' are included.

In the case of lumo, yes, I recon it makes a difference in deeper water, espec on over cast days and night time
 Fluro deeps on depth of water , how dirty, amount of light getting to that depth and the  light bandwidth at the depth
 Most soft baits lures are fluro to some extent.

I paint my soft bait hook heads, a lot of my sinkers in lumo, then a urethane coating to make it more stable. The stuff I use lasts a good 4 to 6 hrs.

Does it make a difference?
yes from my experience, and my thought is this.
You hang a bait, lure whatever, the fish may smell it if down wind....but something that glows, for changes  bright colour, and the fish out to the side or upstream, gets their curiosity. ?????
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hsvl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 2:14pm
Hsvl View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey Steps, what paint are you using? I've been looking for a while for a go lumo paint.
It hit like a freight train, line peeling and drag screaming the rod now doubled with a tell tail nodding and Salt thickening within the veins.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 5:34pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Its water based , hence why I let dry and seal with urethane...its a couple 50mlml pots.. one now.. I picked up yrs ago from a clearance / emporium
 Must get around to looking for some more....
I originally used it on outside door locks, tow bar hitches.. lasts for yrs
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote REIVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 6:50pm
REIVER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great paint here: 

http://www.glowinthedark.co.nz/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 6:35am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thats the sort of pot I have..