Line roller bearings

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tone327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Line roller bearings
    Posted: 23 May 2017 at 5:55am
Tone327 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I need to change out my line roller bearings on a Saragosa 10000 and Shimano BBR LC. Can some give me the heads up where to get these reasonably quickly? Both reels may come under warranty, but I need them by 31/5 and cant really be arsed to-ing and fro-ing about the warranty thing.

Thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 6:11am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Try Sworfish Steve on here or or give Saeco Bearings a call (or any of the bearing shops). They will need the dimensions so you will need to take it in for them to measure unless you have a vernier and ask for stainless steel bearings.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tone327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 6:13am
Tone327 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yep, Have dropped a PM Steves way already. Will check with bearing suppliers today. Thanks Bro
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:04am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Generic bearing suppliers will get all confused and befungled when you start asking for tiny stainless steel bearings.

You can order them (via your local tackle store) from Shimano, you'll pay a premium but at least you get the correct "AR-B" anti-rust bearing or whatever they call them, they usually show up within a day or so when I order them.

Probably cutting it a little fine to order from somewhere like Boca Bearings too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Starnsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:52am
Starnsy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

SAECOwilson - have some very nice bearings. Alternatively Shimano will be able to supply direct replacements.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tone327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:11am
Tone327 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

OK an update. Saragosa all sorted, some grit had got in behind the assembly. Baitrunner is a different story, bearing seized so started spining on everything it wasnt meant to so am going to have to replace line roller assembly. Thank you everyone for your suggestions so far.
Does anyone have a contact number for shimano to buy parts?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Starnsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:09am
Starnsy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

You can order them through any Shimano retailer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 11:54am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Baitrunner is a different story, bearing seized so started spining on everything it wasnt meant to so am going to have to replace line roller assembly

I was warned about that on baitrunners not long after buying my 1st one.. and most proberly most models/ brands considering the exposure.
 One area that gets little extra attention, flushed and oiled after ever trip, lots of use almost every week  5 or 6 yrs and still good on all the okumas and shamanos
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 1:48pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Many Baitrunners don't even get a line roller bearing; I know the 8000D and OC don't :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 5:40pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Our 6000 and 4000 OC  do.. and the coranda 4000 and 6000 also.
  to clarify..we are talking the bearing at the end of the bail arm , right?... where the main line comes off the spool?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 7:50pm
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Our 6000 and 4000 OC  do.. and the coranda 4000 and 6000 also.
  to clarify..we are talking the bearing at the end of the bail arm , right?... where the main line comes off the spool?

Yup, that's the spot.

The 8000 OC I pulled apart didn't have one, and the schematic for the 6000 and 4000 just shows a bushing - are you sure yours have a bearing?

EDIT: For clarity, by bearing I mean ball bearing :) Not a solid bearing, a la big ends in a car.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:07am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

and the schematic for the 6000 and 4000 just shows a bushing - are you sure yours have a bearing?

I was told.. bloody sales pitches, the oc was bearing..
 It was time the reels where checked, opened up one of the 6000 oc...
yep its a bush...
Due to washing / let dry/ clean finger marks build up, and oil after every use, its still in mint condition after a lot of use. didnt need any internal cleaning
Bent the clicker a smidgen ...its annoying sound when using the bait runner to feed out slowly down a burly trail... still audible on a strike thu.