Rotorua Winter Shoreline fishing

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 3:03pm
Mossy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I think it's okay to fly fish Ruato from a boat up to 1 July so long as the boat's anchored. From 1 July it's fishing from shore only (no boats)until the new season.

I could be reading the rules wrong though, so for peace of mind I reckon you should give F&G a call to check.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote O'Neill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:55pm
O'Neill View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Put the paint brush down early afternoon yesterday and thought about driving across to a Rotorua lake for an afternoon/evening fish int he northerly, decided instead to head to my local lake two minutes from home and got this PB, all  3kg plus. What the pic doesn't show is how broad across the back he is, say is as he's back in the lake.
Made brief contact with another fish. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:55pm
Mossy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That fish is a beauty, O'Neil! 

I had an unsuccessful change of light fish at the Blue Lake today. Was flat and still -I should have gone down last evening while it was raining.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote O'Neill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 9:16pm
O'Neill View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

It was the rain that made me think of coming over to Rotorua, probably Okataina but local urban lake came through.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote post hole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 10:50pm
post hole View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hard case I got abused on the same day. My understanding of the rule was you had to be 200m from the beach. I just gave the bloke a wave and carried on as I don't think either of us had a tape measure that long.at least a couple of years ago they had markers there so you were either write or wrong. I would always give a fly fisherman a verry wide birth were ever they are but when they act like this guy It makes me wonder.
Page  <123