SB rod, what's people are using nowadays.

Page  <1 8910
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 2:18pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is how you justify TAS RC 😂
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 2:35pm
MrWildabeast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What Veritas rod did you end up getting Muppet?
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingiFiddla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 2:54pm
kingiFiddla View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Shush RC. Don't tell them about our secret weapons, or Shimano will up the price. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 3:23pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MrWildabeast MrWildabeast wrote:

What Veritas rod did you end up getting Muppet?

7’4 2 piece 3-5kg model. I was very impressed actually, great value for money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 5:37am
MrWildabeast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cheers bro
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Almo1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 12:56pm
Almo1960 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Can anyone review the following from experience please, I’m considering buying one but live 4 hours Nth of Akld so can’t visit M/Deals.

Ocean Angler Microwave GiKo Spinning Soft Bait Rod Specifications:
Length: 7' 11" or 2.41m
Pieces: 2
Lure weight 7-28g
Line weight: PE0.5 - 1.5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 4:39pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Broke the tip off my Dialuna 86 ML.  Need a replacement and might get the same, but you might have other suggestions.

Its 8'6", casts 6-32g they say, paired with TwinPower 3000 and use for SPs including in the wash (I think the rod gives me decent distance and casting accuracy).  Money sort of not really an issue, but maybe it is... depends on whether the missus finds out what it cost :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 7:54pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

bummer, mate.
i haven't done that with a softbait rod, but have with trout fly rods and always pi$$ed me off - particularly if it's a favourite rod.
You might like to check out Mark Kitteridge's latest Ocean Angler rod - also 8'6" and a bit heavier in the tip section than the Megawave - which was his first 8'6" attempt. He clearly wasn't overly happy with the Megawave, though he talked it up at the time it was released. 

As I think I mentioned earlier in the thread, I like the Daiwa rods out to about 8'. Like you, I prefer longer rods.

One point re the Dialuna: A guy at H&F once pointed out to me what he thought was their main negative, which was the relatively short butt section (from the reel seat to the end) which means when you're playing a good fish you almost seem to be pulled forwards, off balance. Everything else about the rod seemed really  nice, but side by side with the 8' Daiwa they had in store, there was definitely a different feel with a line pull on the end of the rod.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 9:15am
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You're right about the distance from reel grip to the end of the rod.  A few cm too short I reckon
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 11:20am
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kaveman has a couple of nice rods on his site.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 8:04pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good to see this post still going. Nothing has changed for me, I'm still more than happy with the Okuma tournament concept rod, matched with a Daiwa Freams, Caught literally hundreds and hundreds of fish without a hiccup, The Freams is still as smooth as the first time on the water. My favourite soft bait is Gulp jigging shrimp and Zman 7". 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 8:30pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good set there worksux couple of weeks ago I got a Vanford 3000 for my extrasense rod, hanging out to get out there once this crap passes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 9:09pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by worksux worksux wrote:

Good to see this post still going. Nothing has changed for me, I'm still more than happy with the Okuma tournament concept rod, matched with a Daiwa Freams, Caught literally hundreds and hundreds of fish without a hiccup, The Freams is still as smooth as the first time on the water. My favourite soft bait is Gulp jigging shrimp and Zman 7". 

I have an Okuma tournament Concept rod and so does my son Arron. Very good value for money

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 7:24pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I had a extrasence, beautifully made rods but just didn't rock my world, Yet my may mate swears by them. Funny really, I started soft baiting in about 2007 just when it started to take off here in NZ. My first rod was an Okuma x factor mated with a Abu Garcia 2500t. Still have it and is used for a spare for visitors. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2023 at 7:30pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I saw one on the rack at smart Marine last week, Gone up abit smudgie. Still good value tho. I like them, you can land a fish and may forget to release the bail arm, although it's heart attack when you see the bent rod tip. Nothing broken yet other rods would be a mess.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 8:07am
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by worksux worksux wrote:

I had a extrasence, beautifully made rods but just didn't rock my world, Yet my may mate swears by them. Funny really, I started soft baiting in about 2007 just when it started to take off here in NZ. My first rod was an Okuma x factor mated with an Abu Garcia 2500t. Still have it and is used for a spare for visitors. 
I find The extrasence is great for 5/8 jigheads but put a 3/4 on and it starts to lose a bit of grunt in the cast.

I fish a 6 to 10kg Shadow X for large 7in plus baits and weight and for the money it’s hard to beat. Fiji eyes and seat and good action.

Shimano blackout rods are good buying as well and again Fiji equipment and the Abu veratis are good rods and well worth a look Fiji equipment and well made for $170.00
Page  <1 8910