Fishing Parks, rocks ahead,Seachange new ideas ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fishing Parks, rocks ahead,Seachange new ideas ?
    Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 7:51am
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Of late very good discussion over various topics ,this may or may not be one of them ,but nothing is set in concrete and flip flops may occur on this now Seachange are on the scene ? Who know where all this is headed...But it is a can of worms thats being opened ..

BUT at the very least this park should be Cape Rodney to Cape Colville as could well happen with Seachange pushing commercial further out ? 

The People Protest

Actions Speak Louder Than Words    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 9:46am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's no great surprise the recreational only zones are behind, it was a policy thought up to appease fishers during an election and basically made up as they went along.  It achieved what it was designed to do, took the heat off a tricky situation, and I doubt there was ever much real enthusiasm to see it through.  

Politicians will say just about anything during an election campaign, what happens once they get elected rarely matches the empty promises.  That's not a dig at any particular party, they all do it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 10:19am
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This is what they are up against,there is alot more available if you know where to look ...But I think these fishing parks will be consigned to the rubbish heap ,however Seachange will come out with their own ..Yes I think they were just all talk last election ..??? 

In the Ngäi Tahu Sea Fisheries Report (1992), the Tribunal elaborated this idea: In essence [the principle of options] is concerned with the choice open to Mäori under the Treaty. Article 2 contemplates the protection of tribal authority and self-management of tribal resources according to Mäori culture and customs. Article 3 in turn conferred on individual Mäori the rights and privileges of British subjects. The Treaty envisages that Mäori should be free to pursue either or indeed both options in appropriate circumstances. The Crown is obliged to offer reasonable protection to Mäori in the exercise of the rights so guaranteed them.297
The People Protest

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 11:32am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Move this to fisheries management please Mowerman?
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 11:52am
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Capt I would of thought where it is as lots of talk Seachange etc going on ?Of late the threads have been very controled and no one blowing them out of prospective
The People Protest

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 12:26pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I agree, but we have that forum, should really use it. I did when posting about seachange, I left the licensing stuff here as it is really more a general thing, whereas this..., more apt I think for the other forum mate. You are right though, nice to have civilised behaviour here again. I will move it now, no censure or anything itended, OK?
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 12:45pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The first article (NZ Herald) highlights one of the bigger challenges in NZ fisheries management. We have comms/govt, Recreational, and Maori all with competing agendas. The sad fact is that the largest group by far (recs) get by far the smallest rights and the least opportunity to influence our future direction. Somehow that is supposed to be a democratic process. The big thing here is that the government (and councils) have usurped the rights of the rec community and use those for achieving their own agendas which they know to be in direct conflict with the rec communities agenda. The only place you can do anything about that is at the ballot box unless you can find lots of cash to use to pull together the widely spread rec community.

The 2nd article is interesting where the quotes of failed politicians from failed societies are used to try and support failed arguments. I guess that is how some political views get formed though. As for the arguments about Maori rights, all that does is reinforce what a complete failure the Treaty Settlement process has become in terms of uniting all Kiwis as one nation. In fact, I think it has achieved more of the opposite. Not because it has addresses long overdue grievances, but because of how it has been managed.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 2:06pm
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Capt Asparagus Capt Asparagus wrote:

I agree, but we have that forum, should really use it. I did when posting about seachange, I left the licensing stuff here as it is really more a general thing, whereas this..., more apt I think for the other forum mate. You are right though, nice to have civilised behaviour here again. I will move it now, no censure or anything itended, OK?

no problem Capt A.. what we have to do now is to unite as 1 ( the recs ) and fight for our rights than have them stub out and extinguished under Council /Iwi control thats about to engulf our way of life .
Seachange is out of balance and carry the agenda like our MPI consolations ..To sit back and wait for it to happen is what has happened to date 
The People Protest