We are at war!!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We are at war!!!
    Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 12:00pm
Southern_Jez View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/87981623/israel-warned-new-zealand-that-un-resolution-was-declaration-of-war--report

so apparently if they build settlements on occupied territory, and we continue to call them out on it and request they stop for several years, and then finally they lose their protection from their well paid for buddy Uncle Sam, it is little ol New Zealand that is declaring war on them?!?!?!

no wonder there is no peace in the middle east ... Confused 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 12:21pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It does seem like the Israelis are going to perpetuate the problems - ok fair enough they won the territory through a war but if they want another one this seems to be how to go about it... acting like bullies IMO ...don't think I would want to live in the settlements that's for real!
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 12:38pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I don't think Israel are exactly quaking in their boots at the threat our army poses to them.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 12:54pm
Southern_Jez View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

I don't think Israel are exactly quaking in their boots at the threat our army poses to them.

hence why i find it odd that our support of that resolution has been interpreted as a declaration of war by them ... surely they should be more aggrieved at the USA for not vetoing the resolution like they have for the previous 14 occasions it has been raised?

ugh ... international diplomacy makes no sense to me ... 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 12:56pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nor we theirs, lol. It is a very long way for Israelis boats/jets/ whatever, to travel to attack us. Unless they plan to use fanatic terrorists of course......
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 1:02pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Israel seems to be doing it's best to alienate the 'civilised' world. The sypmathetic vote that they have relied on for decades is eroding because they don't appear to want to find a peaceful resolution to what is happening around them. The fact that the vote was supported by everyone other than the US, who even then only abstained, should be a bloody great warning bell ringing in Israel's ears. Time for them to wake up and get serious about a non violent solution that doesn't mean them getting everything their own way.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 1:53pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tagit Tagit wrote:

Israel seems to be doing it's best to alienate the 'civilised' world. The sypmathetic vote that they have relied on for decades is eroding because they don't appear to want to find a peaceful resolution to what is happening around them. The fact that the vote was supported by everyone other than the US, who even then only abstained, should be a bloody great warning bell ringing in Israel's ears. Time for them to wake up and get serious about a non violent solution that doesn't mean them getting everything their own way.
Well said Thumbs Up!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 3:44pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Capt Asparagus Capt Asparagus wrote:

Nor we theirs, lol. It is a very long way for Israelis boats/jets/ whatever, to travel to attack us. Unless they plan to use fanatic terrorists of course......
Do not need boats/jets to take NZ over,you and I Captain good take NZ in 3 days,the Japs reckon they could of done it one night very simple,Just need a supply of gelignite

Knock out Waitakere Dams Aucklands water gone,Huntly/karapiro power stations and keep on moving south,Would be easier in a jet but do able by foot. Just look at the Rainbow warrior terrorists how long they roamed NZ.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 4:10pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I never bought into the antisemitism hate some people have. But with statements like that and the thumb nosing arrogance shown in the middle east at times I can see why it exists. Whether or not God "gave" them that land respecting borders and maintaining some sort of order & peace must be priority over who owns and takes what. They are very lucky the whole region has poured forces in and scoured Israel out of existence and some sort of grace on their part would do wonders in the region. 

If he seriously said not supporting them is a declaration of war then they are tits.   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 6:56pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Maybe Israel should be told we took on the US on anti nukes.. and won
 they havnt a chance...
maybe they are still upset over the ANZAC support of Palestine during WW1 and WW2.

"antisemitism? "   has absolutely nothing to do with it.. they are just country acting like twits..  pulling the race card is just as stupid either way.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 7:49pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Probably just another deliberately "fake" news item. Why these are allowed and not illegal amazes me. One guy in the States bragged he produced many such fake stories about and during their election. He said he had done nothing wrong and the fact the party's ran with his stories without fact checking them first was not his problem. He said it showed just how lazy and easily fooled/manipulated people are in this new mass digital age. I believe there was another "fake" news item not long ago about someone threatening Pakistan with nuclear weapons.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 8:09pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Why would any country want to fight Nz and take us over beats me.What have we got? a few sheep/beef a bit coal no real wealth.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 8:14pm
Titanium
Titanium

Ah! But no aggro neighbours! Lol, they could build all their new settlements here in South Israel, with no nasty chaps lobbing rockets at em etc 😄

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 8:54pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

Why would any country want to fight Nz and take us over beats me.What have we got? a few sheep/beef a bit coal no real wealth.

I guess you missed the article in the news a week or two back where an international study group claimed NZ was the wealthiest country in the world. Combination of a whole pile of considerations as well as economic ones, but compared to Israel I think the ranking differential in overall desirability was probably pretty substantial. Besides, there ain't no Snapper in Israel and probably no Marlin either.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 9:26pm
Titanium
Titanium

Nah nah, nz isn't wealthy or going well, no no no, we are a sink of depression, woe, poverty and desperation, haven't you been keeping up with the opposition parties revelations? Lol
But everyone forgets Netanyahu is a well known sabre rattler..., he is no reasonable, peace seeking politician, he's a real blood'n'guts nationalist.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 6:54am
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Capt Asparagus Capt Asparagus wrote:

Nah nah, nz isn't wealthy or going well, no no no, we are a sink of depression, woe, poverty and desperation, haven't you been keeping up with the opposition parties revelations? Lol
But everyone forgets Netanyahu is a well known sabre rattler..., he is no reasonable, peace seeking politician, he's a real blood'n'guts nationalist.
Sounds a bit like Trump!  Does he use Twitter?