Allblacks score predictions

Page  <1 505152
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ho Dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 7:35pm
Ho Dee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

ABs 27 SA 15
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 8:14pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not comfortable with a few of Fozies selections. Would have had Coles on the bench due to his experience and mental toughness. Esp if things get tight in the last 10 min. We are also lacking depth as a back up for the skipper.
Anyway, we need to get behind our team. hope we can withstand the bomb squad, and can play some exciting footy.

NZ 21 SA 18
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 8:16pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sorry FA , just saw your score. Close.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wayno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 8:03pm
wayno View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I predict a (near) riot! Likely cards having an influence (thanks Wayne... <not me btw>)
Tough battle with the AB's just coming out on top by 3-4 points.
Thinking real slugfest rather than a bolter, so All Blacks 21 - Springboks 18

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 9:02pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by salty69 salty69 wrote:

Not as close as you and wayno though LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 9:44pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

NZ30, SA 21
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 10:33pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Fish Addict Fish Addict wrote:

Not as close as you and wayno though LOL

Brilliant
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 11:00am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

At least the Black Ferns know how to play. 70 To 7 wales
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 11:06am
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

SO. Barnes had a shocker. But you can't blame him for the mistakes and inaccuracies. That comes down to pressure. Red card rulings were inconsistent, but our skipper needs to own his.
Four more years.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 2:24pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

SO. Barnes had a shocker. But you can't blame him for the mistakes and inaccuracies. That comes down to pressure. Red card rulings were inconsistent, but our skipper needs to own his.
Four more years.
As sad as we all are, yes you are right FA. A couple of missed opportunities for sure. The big takeaway for me is that the two best teams in the world by a big margin went head to head. Seeing Cheslin Kolbe with his head in his hands too scared to watch says it all
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 6:36pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

What should've been a showcase of skill and talent from both sides was completely destroyed by the bunch of muppets controlling the game who lacked any shred of consistency. 

League is looking more and more like a game that flows and glows. Wake up you stuffed-shirt Pimms drinkers at World Rugby before it's too late.
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 8:16pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think it’s already too late, the decisions are now made by multi nationals who want the game to appeal to a wider audience. All of these yellow cards bar one were given for safety reasons and this is what’s driving the new law’s coming into the game. They are all concerned that the public will stop watching and sending their kids to play the game if there are injuries, but guess what it’s a contact sport.

When you have Wayne Smith saying let’s only tackle below the belt we are in trouble.

The next step is the TMO will be a AI program looking at hundreds of cameras and calling the shots.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 8:51pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

If Wayne Barnes had had the guts to tell the tmo to sit tight 'till asked for, the game might well have flowed more.
Stopping play for extended periods played well into the SA hands..

NZ were outplayed in that respect.

If I'd been on the field, I would have scored a couple more tries ( under the posts) to take care of the pizz poor calls.
Eazy as :-)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 2:43pm
Platinum
Platinum

Now the dust has settled a little I'll make a comment. I don't agree with the red card Cane received.
The following article sums up why.  

Yes Cane's contact was high.  Kriel however was low and it was he who created the momentum going into contact, not Cane. The contact actually lifted Cane off the ground.  I've added a few pics.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 3:49pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Completely academic now, but I agree FA. 

My initial reaction at the time was that under the current rules about head contact it was a yellow, simply because it happened, and if you, as the tackler, impact the head of the person being tackled in any semi upright position it is a yellow card.

However, not a red as the ball carriers body position is lowered considerably. Look at his feet and his right knee's closeness to the ground. Also the tackler had a reduced time to react as the ball carrier changed drection toward him in the second before the impact. Then you also have the ball carrier deliberately lowering his right shoulder to impact the tackler. These are mitigating circumstances IMHO.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 5:03pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

But still does account for 2 penalties when they kicked for line when posts where in range. 
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 7:29pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yepp the AB's had a couple of squandered chances. No doubt about that. If their kicking game was even 90% it would have been a win. It's always easy to blame the ref, but he didn't make all the calls. It's a sad thing for rugby when we have to analyse the tiniest details though. Too many rules, too many interpretations. We lost. Full credit to the saffa's. If we won I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have been happy.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 9:18pm
Platinum
Platinum

Like you guys I'm disappointed with the result.  However, despite the poor officiating imo the result may well have been the same.  We will never know.  Some comments from Steve Hansen.
Page  <1 505152