ngongotaha tomorrow

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mike555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ngongotaha tomorrow
    Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 10:16am
mike555 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi, I am thinking of going for a fish, bit of a drive so was wondering if anyone could tell me if its fishable
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fergie82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 7:40pm
fergie82 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The Utuhina stream was a bit dirty but very fishable today, the ngongie usually takes a bit longer to clear but didn't get a look at it today. I guess if it wasn't fishable you would still have the Utuhina to fish.

Worth noting that there is a weather warning for rain here tomorrow so even if it is fishable it may not be for long.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 10:32am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by mike555 mike555 wrote:

Hi, I am thinking of going for a fish, bit of a drive so was wondering if anyone could tell me if its fishable

I have just returned from a trip to the BOP & even tho the season ends tomorrow ( Thurs ) I would suggest your time could be wasted if you are faced with a long drive.

If you want an idea of the conditions & taking into account there has been a considerable dumping of rain in the interim, today included then am sure you will agree it will be far from ideal conditions.

Scroll to the bottom of the opening page :-

About the only rivers / streams likely to be viable would be the Waimakariri or the spring fed Waihou but both contain mostly smallish fish & besides anywhere in the general area, clear or otherwise, will lend itself to pleasant conditions given the forecasts.

Other than that the Hamurama river mouth will probably be fishable if that is your thing.

Short of fishing the Taupo area, like myself you may have to wait until the new season opens on Oct. 1st.

Let us know what you decide.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mike555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 2:41pm
mike555 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi, I didnt go as took your advice and by all accounts its been hosing down. Thanks for saving me the trip. Now for taupo
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote o Neill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 6:35pm
o Neill View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The rain will help the shore line fishing that might be a better choice .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tmmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 10:38pm
tmmo View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

it looks like the river from willy wonka over the weekend.... pleased you didn't make the trip down.