Navionics advise

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Navionics advise
    Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 11:03pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi all, anyone have any tips/advice on getting Navionics on new cell phone.
Just got it today am with Spark if that matters, I had Navionics on my old phone but they tell me it can't be transferred from old to new.
The version I had seemed a bit basic compared to some others I've seen on mates phones.
Should add I'm a techno spaz!
Cheers Pete
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 5:50am
like_to_strike View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Are both phs android based? im fairly sure if you log into your google acc you should be able to re-download  the app if the new ph supports it.
Or i remember someone mentioning that you can register with the app and then download it via the navionics site.

I recently went from an older samsung to the latest samsung ph and there was a way to wirelessly connect them and EVERYTHING transfered to the new ph in 10minutes hassle free. Apps, txts, call history an all just transfered over.

Someone here will know something! goodluck
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 9:00am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I used to have the older version....and the original adroid apk app.
All I needed to do when upgrading to new phones...yes 3.. and the tab, was to load the apk file and the app automatically downloaded the maps and worked fine.
BUT
not long after the new boating version came out, I could load , download, but something at the google verifying end, after a couple runs, would close it down.
If I stooped the google stuff in the phone from running (means basically got to hack/ get full admin rights (called rooting the phone) and uninstalling (NOT just disable) it would work. Rooting a phone immediately removes ALL warranties and guarantees... and if dont know what u are doing VERY well there is a good chance u will 'brick' the phone.  Bricking is turning the phone into a useless often un fixable brick.
Yes I have accidentally  bricked on an old  obsolete, broken glass phone that was laying around I used to learn and experiment on

So it was far easier simply to down load the google navionics NZ boating app...has a month or so trial period...after seeing if it was worth it for a few days... purchase the maps and the next 12 months updates for about $20.

I can now run the navionic android app on my windows computer thru a emulator, on my smart phone and tab.. but have to use my google log in on each to verify the app each time it is run.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 10:21pm
Betty Boop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have it on my S4 and it does the business for me whilst sitting in front of the tv at me or whilst in the car away from the boat.Thumbs Up
Last week I joined an Anti-Social support group........They won't talk to me!

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote robbosaur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 6:51am
robbosaur View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I think Navionics have changed it recently.
I downloaded the app over a week ago (that's Navionics Boating hd) and was given a weeks trial.

Now they're requesting a subscription of $79.99 NZD for use of the maps and the other features.

Still umming and ahhing about that

I'm playing around with the idea of going to a tablet based chart plotter and have been using Garmins Bluechart for over a year, but no bathymetry data on Bluechart :-(

edit: oh wtf - going to go ahead and pay em.
The Sonar Mapping is worth it and more importantly, it gives me another screen to fuk around with :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 9:40pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Guys thank you for your input BUT my head is now feckin spinning I'm a tech spaz & honestly don't know where to start. Might have to hand it all over to one of my kids.
Infact I'm wondering if I really need it cause I've got a decent sounder but did enjoy using it when I was other boats etc.
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 9:08pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok so got my daughter to have a go at getting the App but we got stuck at the payment stage wouldn't take CC payment. No idea what the problem is the card itself is not the issue. Any ideas?
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 10:14am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We have had a few issues over the yrs for the odd things we have got or tried to get and run into issues with some NZ issued cards.. including apps   pay pal works well.
keep the account balance low, sweet.
Dont know if the same issues still exist with some cards, as pay pal has always worked since.