Where to buy Johnson/Evinrude Parts in NZ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Munsterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to buy Johnson/Evinrude Parts in NZ?
    Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 10:02pm
Munsterdog View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Where does anyone source their genuine Johnson/Evinrude parts/consumables at a reasonable cost?

-International sellers have good prices but then huge delivery fees or refuse to ship!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 9:29am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I had to replace a regulator... new around  $600 fitted from agents NZ
2nd hand around $350 fitted
But could ship in from off shore including GST etc under $200 new.
When questioned this at the NZ agents as told along these lines...
They cant import independent because of franchise stuff, and therefore could not warrantee these parts even thu genuine from off shore....even if they fitted.

Which is , from my understanding, basic std  franchise agreement for most stuff...
Fair enough in my books... but still makes the cost to NZ francise dealers from off shore questionable.

So I had the option buy new or 2nd hand NZ  .. a part that is very reliable..and go fishing next weekend... or ship in surface and wait weeks, or air freight  from west coast US and be here on my doorstep 5 days allowing for weekends, holidays both sides of the Pacific.
And a note here... ship even air freight from the US, NOT from the west coast, it will cost a small fortune and take weeks....it seems the further east u ship from its logarithmically  more expensive and longer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tugboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 6:47pm
tugboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ive ordered a few parts for motorcycles and outboards from these guys before, not nz but i found there prices quite good. http://www.boats.net/ had no problems with delivery, they keep you updated throughout the process.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 5:11pm
Jezza View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Are they still up and running?
it's a fact woggle-bogglebee exists.