Best riding Hull

Page  <1 234
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 10:36pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok, I've stretched my viscount to 6.8m, it rides pretty well I think, no, not perfect, but pretty good.
Usually cruise at a similar speed as my mate in his 680 senator.
Actually went out in his boat over xmas, it bounced and banged along.. not as good as I remembered.

Then the surprise, my son got an old condor craft skipjack or something, we beefed up the hill before replacing the floor, dropped an old 90hp yammy on it, I followed him home in a horrible quartering chop and he was up on top not getting wet, doing just as well as I was..I couldn't have gone much faster than him ..
Some of the smaller boats are surprising.
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fritzhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 9:40pm
fritzhu View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Used to have a Rayglass Sportsman 670. The day that sold was genuinely a sad day. It wasn't lightning on the water, 22kt cruise 30kt WOT, but at ~11L/hr at cruise, and the ride was fantastic. Nothing I ever came across could upset it, though I never really took it out in the rough stuff.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 8:21am
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Only just stumbled upon this thread so I thought I would put in my 2 cents worth.
Worst ride. Black dog cat.(5m)..In a light chop yes it would glide along quite nicely, add some swell and it would drop off the plane and drop its arse like a dog with worms then bury a hull into the back of a wave and toss the crew all over the place.
Bloody horrible in the rough.
Best; White pointer 850.
Was lucky enough to spend a bit of time in one this summer.... Jesus what a beast. Full Zipwake system and auto pilot... you could just lop along at 25kts in some real snotty stuff and the boat just shunted everything out of the way. but for $350k you'd expect it to.
By comparison my little surtees 610 goes ok....
They are a lite hull so as soon as it gets messy locking the water in makes a huge difference.
We thought we were going great guns smashing back from little barrier last winter in what was a 1.5m sou east swell when Darren Sheilds just cruised past us doing over 30kts in His 8m HT. We could keep up... but it wasn't particularly comfortable for the lads..Darrens boat barely even noticed the conditions.
Just no substitute for a bit extra length and girth aye.
Apparently.

Page  <1 234