Deleted post

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BeastMode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deleted post
    Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 9:03pm
BeastMode View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

A fishing forum is not the place for politics now that I think about it. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rockstar from Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 12:38pm
Rockstar from Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I reckon it's whining pricks like yourself that ruin the country. So many doom and gloom merchants that just vomit crap. We live in one of the best countys in the world FACT...
You get out of life what you put into it....
Winning.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 12:57pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes, key is totally to blame for the falling milk price, riiiighhhht.
Tell me, what carefully cropped out political party approved that little burst of negativity?

I have edited my fuller reply, as this is, in retrospect, just a troll.
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stonefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 1:32pm
Stonefish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Move to Greece.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 3:26pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The latest poll has winston peters polling higher for preferred prime minister than Andrew little.....
So our next option is a drunken racist with Asian housing issues
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 4:08pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You've nailed the real problem right there of2fsh, Key isn't prime minister because he's brilliant at it, he's prime minister because the other options are even worse.  If Key went, who exactly would replace him Gared?  until there's a credible option we're stuck with him.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 5:08pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Gared Gared wrote:

A fishing forum is not the place for politics now that I think about it. 

Gared, I couldn't agree more. I read your initial post and declined to comment.  Now that you have edited it, I think you're just another good keen fisherman Wink
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 5:23pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Capt Asparagus Capt Asparagus wrote:

Tell me, what carefully cropped out political party approved that little burst of negativity?

well now you have raised it captain,my 2 cents worth,feel sorry for the guy who is milking on his own,not working for some queen st farmer,a lot raced in brought in high times for land as dairy is/was the way to go.now the price has dropped fonterra really needs to take a good look at themselves,why go overseas and help set up farms  factories etc when could of have it all lock stock and barrel.Bit like the kiwi fruit guys who thought they were smart selling clippings of overseas.What about the small business man who was exporting during low exchange rates and doing ok then the high dollar came around and the took a hit but most seemed to survived by trimming their income.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 11:13pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Stonefish Stonefish wrote:

Move to Greece.

Why? We are one hundred billion in debt and growing daily. The experts, including Key, tell us not to worry as our debt ratio is ok. Our debt ratio may still be ok. However if you no longer own the means to pay it back any debt is bad. It is estimated that fifteen billion dollars annually is siphoned out of the NZ economy and sent off shore. Why go to Greece when it is rapidly approaching us. Dairy is falling, Ch/Ch rebuild is winding down. So apart from intensive immigration what other policy to stimulate the economy has been put into place? Have you heard the story about the Emperors new clothes?
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 11:24pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

Originally posted by Capt Asparagus Capt Asparagus wrote:

well now you have raised it captain,my 2 cents worth,feel sorry for the guy who is milking on his own,not working for some queen st farmer,a lot raced in brought in high times for land as dairy is/was the way to go.now the price has dropped fonterra really needs to take a good look at themselves,why go overseas and help set up farms  factories etc when could of have it all lock stock and barrel.Bit like the kiwi fruit guys who thought they were smart selling clippings of overseas.What about the small business man who was exporting during low exchange rates and doing ok then the high dollar came around and the took a hit but most seemed to survived by trimming their income.

Yeah. I have never understood that either. We sell our competitors technology to allow them to become more efficient and produce more for less. We sell the opposition NZ working farms so they can train their employees to run farms back home. We set farms up in the oppositions country to show them how it is done then sit around and wonder why the market has become saturated and prices/demand for our product has fallen. Not to worry though. Fonterra is still being propped up by charging the domestic consumer higher prices. Seems we get screwed during good times and the bad times.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 11:14am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cant blame John Key for the fall in dairy prices. Its a world wide trend . Commodity prices are crashing everywhere. Dairy ,oil ,coal ,logs,copper,iron ore etc etc. It is called deflation.
We live in a world of asset bubbles like housing in Auckland ,sydney melbourne,vancouver ,San francisco etc,result of money printing or Q.E .and tumbling commodity values and devaluing currency---like ours.
Agree our debt is scary.Very scary. First greece,now Puerto Rico. Canada on verge of recession.Who is next. And if it all did come crashing down,remember your bank deposits are not in any way guaranteed.
Our govt is not exactly financially astute. Like stopping funding to N.Z super at a time when earning  returns on world markets were at all time highs. Or ignoring warmings from Rabo bank 5-6 years ago about a dairy price bubble.
But cant see any other govt would have done any better. The world banking system is way above any government .
"Heres the next crisis nobody saw coming" www.oftwominds.com/blog html

Wait until the Auckland council sinks under its weight of unpayable debt.
One answer. Live for today,go fishing as much as possible. Enjoy the here and now