<sigh> Another three days of hell...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: <sigh> Another three days of hell...
    Posted: 06 Oct 2005 at 8:46pm
Hairy Little Dwarf View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If anyone in MetService is reading this - no more wind eh?

Some of us have wasted a valuable weeks annual leave, swearing and throwing rocks at the wind as we sit on the beach watching whitecaps!

"Today: Westerly 25 knots gusting 35 knots rising to northwest 35 knots gusting 45 knots this evening. Rough sea becoming very rough this evening.
Tomorrow: A change before dawn to southwest 20 knots, then tending northwest in the afternoon and rising to 35 knots gusting 45 knots. Moderate sea becoming very rough in the afternoon."

dammit.
HLD
The Dreaded Shark-Eating Man!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2005 at 8:59pm
JB View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

as they say in France "le bugger". Bet you first day back at work will be a beaut
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2005 at 9:07pm
Titanium
Titanium

Shaping up that way.

Well,might as well get into a bottle of single Islay malt to try and console myself whilst I read about fishing, as the Yak blows gently across the lawn.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2005 at 9:22pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

mmmmmm just a little light breeze for us here in WellyWood BBQ weather
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2005 at 9:35pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

welcome to the equanox windy as for another month or so me thinks call me Brendon TV1 weather man hehehehehe good grief someone shoot me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2005 at 9:56pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

better yet some one line up Brendon damn hes annoying ..Smiling while telling you the next week you are in for gale force winds torental down pours but cheer up...next week we are forecasting a hurricane..........SMACK!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rockhopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2005 at 10:25pm
Rockhopper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

mmmmmmmm  Toni Marsh. I sit there and watch the weather and at the end of it I have no idea what she's just said.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote legs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2005 at 11:39am
legs View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

take it as really sh***y conditions for some more days and maybe even weeks  !!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bluefox_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2005 at 12:26pm
bluefox_13 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

god its lovely out.............. AS people lean at 45 degrees into the wind and rain falls sideways.....

Yes its cold... no I dont care that you feel the cold easily... no we can't get out....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2005 at 12:29pm
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

still plenty of fishing spots in this weather...start looking at charts
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter da Squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2005 at 12:33pm
Peter da Squid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

theres a smallish window midday Sunday
Good for Nuthin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tomsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2005 at 12:38pm
Tomsta View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Which brings us ask this Question... How Keen are You???

Anyone keen for a quick fishin mission this Sunday morning, Meet at Gulf Harbour or Stanmore Bay about 6.30am, and depending on weather either head out to the wormbeds or stay in close to Gulf Harbour... berley up and see what happens... hey atleast the plan is to get out even if it isn't to the Barrier......

Be back around 10.30-11.30am.... hopefully with something to smoke.....

If Keen, Get in Touch, If not Stay in Bed where it's warm.....

Don't Moan about it, Just Do it!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2005 at 12:39pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

going to try and climb through it. Sunday looks the best bet - have to be careful with my ears in this wind
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2005 at 1:33pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah - Sunday am  is your window- Browns bAY for me I THINK.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2005 at 3:33pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Would be keen meet up with fellow yak fishermen in future. This Sunday will be landbased hopefully round the eastern tip of Whangaparoa. I should really do what I did last summer and wave to mate on rocks while holding up fish while he considers the merits of buying a yak. Tight get!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2005 at 3:44pm
JB View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

JW,

Next time I go out with a couple of the lads or by myself I'll let you know Always good to have a few more yaks on the sorte. Normally head out from the east coast bays on the shore. Now daylight saving has kicked in it means a bit more fishing and more time for the berley to do the damage. Next time you see anyof the guys posting saying about a trip don't hesitate to chip in and see where the action is.

cheers James

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote stew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2005 at 6:53pm
stew View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Its howling a northerly at the moment Kapiti coast and southerly due tomorrow. I sick off it  .

stew

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2005 at 1:09pm
Titanium
Titanium

Well, I also had enough of it - and I went out for a play in the Yak this morning. Now, before everyone throws their hands up in horror, at the fool out in 40Kn winds and 1.5m whitecaps - I'm a professional, just haven't played with a SOT in this stuff before and based on the ideology of training at a level higher than you use the equipment, decided to put the systems to the test.

I have to say that I'm thoroughly impressed with the Swings handling in stroppy water, and in some respects it's preferable to my old white water Yak. Certainly wouldn't want to try fishing in those conditions though - First time I've been actually BLOWN over in a Yak! Bit disconcerting not being able to brace against the Yak cockpit for a ducking as I did in the Sit in, but the relative freedom of not having to bother with an eskimo roll either was a refreshing(!) change. Remounting was a lot easier than I expected, and I think I'm now hooked on SOT's.

Was quite amusing watching a 30'launch nose out of the bay before deciding they would rather go back home and watch the Fishing Show on TV.

Disclaimer:
The above was carried out by an experienced white water Yakker in coastal waters with a safe runout. Please do not try this without the necessary skills to handle such conditions.

Fish Hard and Fish Safe Guys.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2005 at 3:46pm
Titanium
Titanium

Yesterdays action obviously taught Huey that I was not going to take "No" for an answer...this morning dawned still and clear!!

On the water at the crack of 8am (heh, late night!) and toddled off across the flat calm bay, straight into a school of nice 1 kilo, bite-sized kahawai.

Threw one on a hook, and after about 30 minutes the reel went off with a Rat Kingi- could be a good summer to come. Ah well, at least I can return to work having had a chance to wet the plastic.