Rugby World cup

Page  <1 567
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 7:05pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes agreed wayne smith is awesome but I think Hansen was very very hard done in the coach of the year awards. I've really warmed to the guy and he's run an awesome campaign .

Chequer coach of the year is just political crap, Hansen has only lost one game this year and chequer has lost plenty and was very lucky to be in the finals after the Scotland game, that was only luck and poor judgement from the Scotts that got them through.

I really think Hansen not getting coach of the year is disgraful.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 7:56pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Meyer was a smart coach, he took an under skilled but tough team so close by forcing penalties. Eddie Jones took one of the weaker teams to have ever played at that level to a bunch that had much bigger teams running scared. Both those fullas and Hansen would have been ahead of Cheika I would have thought but I'm sure some wiser heads than mine were involved in the decision.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 9:33pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think Hansen was robbed by the inept and corrupt irb board.
Have no time for political correctness.
It was an all black clean sweep.
Very privileged to see a team representing us in the most ideal of ways where sportsmanship are the lead and that being men is a role that was played and displayed as a model for us all.
Been some time since I have seen this.
I'm a very proud kiwi and man whose fellow countryman have been living breathing examples of the best of humanity.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 12:19am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

this AB team holds this many trophies now... 

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 3:19am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

well that pretty much wraps up world cup 2015.............we look forward to Japan 2019 and who will be playing for the Ab's then?....end of an era and sad to see such greats leave......For me ......probably the best All Black side ive seen but then i really enjoyed these jokers !!!! = Zinzan Brooke/Robin Brooke/Michael Jones/Grant Fox/Sean Fitzpatrick/Jonah Lomu/Frank Bunce/Walter little/John kirwan/Ian Jones/Bashop/craig dowd/eroni  clarke..............I particularly enjoyed Fitzpatricks battle with Phil Kearns !
      Sure there will be more talent to grace and add to the All Black Jersey....Twas a good world cup this one.Wink
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 9:14am
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Well done All Blacks.
You have lifted the bar in terms of being All Blacks.
Richie the greatest captain of all time. Fitzy was up there as well.

Well done Wallabies. just not good enough.

Bring it on Japan in four more years.
Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NumnuT_AUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 12:21pm
NumnuT_AUS View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Kandrew Kandrew wrote:

Chequer coach of the year is just political crap, Hansen has only lost one game this year and chequer has lost plenty and was very lucky to be in the finals after the Scotland game, that was only luck and poor judgement from the Scotts that got them through.

I really think Hansen not getting coach of the year is disgraful.
Really?

a few points to ponder..

ABs have been the best team in the world for at least 10 years
ranked number 1 in the world for just as long
won 18 of the last 20 test matches(guessing)
Unbackable favourites to win the World Cup this year -

which they did with daylight a distant second. - an awesome achievement for sure

the AB are miles infront and look like being that way for quite some time.

The Wallabies 12-18 months ago were a complete train wreck, hopeless & had no idea.
fell to about 6th in the world and we not going anywhere but down.
I didnt think they could get thru the pool matches(pool of death) let alone make the semis or final
12 months later under Cheika - he has turned them around into the second best team in the world, well beaten by the best team in the world.

that is a fantastic coaching achievement - and he deserves the award..

Kermit the Frog could coach the All Blacks to the next World Cup - that is how good they are.
Not just the players, but the support staff & the winning culture in the team is second to none.

Cheers
Craig
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 8:17pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Fair call Craig. Hard job making perfume from dog sh#t then up stepped Michael Cheika.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 3:16am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

just looks like Hansen might be asked to stay on for the next World Cup and try to be a double world coach which hasn't been achieved yet either,
plus Richie might hang around if given a decent break,
how many will come back from France will be interesting...
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 3:24am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Seems Like Hansen didnt fancy the challenge then........with all that experience gone.....its going to be an intertesting season for the Ab's and its going to need someone special to lead the Ab's to the next world cup.......sorry folks but much as i like him as a coach..... hansen has bottled out....only going until the end of 2017.......Nervous?
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Page  <1 567