the removal of the statutory right to meal breaks

Page  <1 345
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 7:59am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

you would be surprised how many owner drivers are running a 2 log book system.on paper my log book shows 13 hr days but time sheets show a whole different story.particularly on breaks we longer have to record mileage at break times so you just keep driving and write in where and time break taken so easy to falsify and have not been stopped or seen god squad for about 2 years.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3rnzir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 8:40am
3rnzir View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

PJC
You still have a 24hr no on duty/drive restriction in place yeah?
My point being,regardless of the occupation/industry meal/rest breaks/days off are in place to enhance safety and health of the operator and public.
A well rested and feed operator is more productive,making less errors which = more $$$.
An professional owner driver running 2 x log books without rest days is a lethal combination.
Cause a road injury/fatality with the above circumstances = imprisonment.
Other industries can take shortcuts too.
Shortcuts = trouble.

Peace.Via superior firepower..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 9:29am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

you take my work place,health and safety talks all time and we have to sign off that we have received proper training etc,i have not signed one yet as i keep telling them health and safety only appears in the manual and to justify someone a job.typical usa corporation.
luckily i am on the road out of sight most days and if i feel tired thats it i have a extra break.

there was a owner driver who stopped in tauranga for a feed,opportunist cop asked passenger if he could driver log book,the reply was north island or south island.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3rnzir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 9:43am
3rnzir View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Doh!!!
GPS tracking next I guess.
That is a tough game driving.
Wafer thin margins.
Seems like no-one is making decent coin anymore.
Peace.Via superior firepower..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 9:53am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

gps tracking is a marvelous tool,we have it only ever gets used when there is a dispute of delivery time issues or speeding,got off 2 tickets so far.I am now strictly monday to friday 60hrs.drivers are getting older as it takes too long for young person to go from car to truck n trailer licence unless they pay big bucks for 2/3 day courses.There is no way my 2 lads will take it up.
Page  <1 345