Boat Rod vs Casting Rod

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote handle is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Rod vs Casting Rod
    Posted: 29 Aug 2005 at 4:04pm
handle is View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hellow,

just wondering whether we can actually use boat rod to do some fishing from the rocks? I saw some people using it the other day..

Ta heaps!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2005 at 6:34pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Use nothing else but then have been fishing for nearly 40years the surf rod length gives you clearance over the rocks the boat rod has better control and more power in the but section.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2005 at 7:29pm
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

use both quite happily as do most i have fished with...depends on your needs and where your fishing...does the saying "fish your feet first" change your view CWTGMFR..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2005 at 8:08pm
Hairy Little Dwarf View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I use both a cheapo boat (Silstar Powergame 15kg) and a very ancient Seafox surfcaster everywhere I go, Rocks, beach, whatever. Frequently pickup Snaps and Kahawai, amongst others, at my feet as Tobez put it with the boat rod, in the zone where the sand drops out from the wave backwash, only deconvenience I have is a boofy handcast style (coil line on beach then swing bait, let go and duck!) as I have a Senator 9/0 on it and my casting with anything other than a fixed spool sucks big time....After sharkie things with this one. Unfortunately, I frequently get the big biteys taking the undergunned surfcaster further out.

So yes, nothing wrong with boat rods, although you get some funny looks on the beach with a short rod

The Dreaded Shark-Eating Man!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tone E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2005 at 8:40pm
Tone E View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

got a 7' 6" uglistik that casts like a dream ( 50 m with a 2oz weight, 6kg string) and works fine from the boat too. If the cockpits a bit crowded one can sit in the flybridge and cast over their heads.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote handle is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2005 at 9:59am
handle is View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks heaps guys..
I knew I'll get some good answer here!

Peace!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2005 at 8:08pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hairy little dwarf how have u found the silstar power game reason for askn is wife brought me one for b/day with the tld25 and wondering what they are like wantta use them as a combo on kingis and da guy at the shop told her a great combo but have not had a good chance to use it yet