What is the TPPA????

Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the TPPA????
    Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 1:06pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

What is the TPPA, and what does it mean for New Zealand?

http://www.itsourfuture.org.nz/what-is-the-tppa/

Huge Impact on Kiwis

Our government is negotiating an international agreement that could have a huge effect on the lives of ordinary kiwis. It’s called the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPPA), and it involves eleven Asian and Pacific-rim countries, including the United States. If it goes ahead, we risk damage to our innovative economy, our pristine environment, our health, and the ability to shape our own future.

learn more at http://www.itsourfuture.org.nz.

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 4:12pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Lethal Lethal wrote:

<h1 style="padding-bottom: 8px;" id="watch-line-title" ="yt"><span style="vertical-align: top;" id="eow-title" ="watch-title long-title " dir="ltr" title="What is the TPPA, and what does it mean for New Zealand?">What is the TPPA, and what does it mean for New Zealand?</span></h1>

http://www.itsourfuture.org.nz/what-is-the-tppa/

<h5>Huge Impact on Kiwis</h5>

Our government is negotiating an international agreement that could
have a huge effect on the lives of ordinary kiwis. It’s called the
Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPPA), and it involves eleven Asian
and Pacific-rim countries, including the United States. If it goes
ahead, we risk damage to our innovative economy, our pristine
environment, our health, and the ability to shape our own future.

learn more at http://www.itsourfuture.org.nz.

Your wasting your time Lethal. There are so many "steady as she goes" National supporters around that anything done under its rule can not be wrong/harmful. Having said that I believe labour started the process. However National are pushing for it with extreme vigour. All under the guise of making life easier/safer for you and me of course. Labour laws, the RMA and security are just three of things being overhauled to make the TPPA implementation easier and painless for corporates. All but one section focuses on corporate rights. One only on trade. Not bad for a "Trade agreement". You will also have noticed the complicit "steady as she goes" media has been extremely quiet on this subject. In fact their silence has been deafening.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 5:13pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

its bloody scary for our future generation, but then i guess they will learn to cope with it...

i saw a Doctor the other day and was talking about some pills i might be able to get,
he told me that the Goverment would not cover them and they were very expensive,
but in the same breath suggested i go online to a site, he said you can purchases the same thing from India at a fraction of the cost.

ok so does that mean once this TPPA is signed and sealed could i be sued or prosecuted for bring these pills in for myself????

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote onthedrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 7:23pm
onthedrop View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yup and thats just one aspect of it, its incredible how little media coverage an agreement that carries so much weight has been given
REVOLT
Scariest thing national will achieve this term
FEED THE WHANAU
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 8:56pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Jesus that will make things hard,
i also see it has something to do with Tobacco as well which i guess means it will stop the Goverment from making packs of Cigs plain, where the hell will it stop????

at the moment you can watch broadcasted seasons of Wicked Tuna on the net will they squash this sort of thing to????

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 12:31pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep. there is talk also that we will have to move back to region specific DVDs and associated players. Parallel importing will be a no no.
Hey "steady as she goes" will see us right. So do not worry. I am sure they know what they are doing. Whether it is for the majorities benefit is debatable.
Although to watch your fave overseas fishing show you may need to pay for a reasonable VPN. If you are allowed to of course.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 1:41pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

its all about looking after big business friends,tip some koha un here mate you'll be right.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 2:23pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

funny thing, i don't know anyone who voted national. not a single one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 2:46pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Maybe you just don't know anyone who will admit to it CJ, I was under the impression plenty here did.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 3:56pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

Maybe you just don't know anyone who will admit to it CJ, I was under the impression plenty here did.

there was a conversation at work the other day. and a couple people were unusually quiet!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tone E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 8:24am
Tone E View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We are such a bunch of sheeple in this country...blindly drifting along without a care in the world, she'll be right mate...WAKE UP
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 8:51am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

national talks about reds under the bed(labour party)but this tppa is form of control,but instead of communist it is big corporations squeezing out the little guys rights to choose where or who he deals with,whether it be online purchases from india(as "lethal"said about pills)to be forced to deal with pharmac and pay exorbitant prices.

we will forced as a nation to buy from xyz but i bet overseas will still not  buy our products from abc,it will all be one way and this government will sign up to line a few selected pockets
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 9:50am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Actually Pharmac are likely to have big problems and have to pay millions more for drugs as the deals they currently do with drug companies wouldn't be allowed, and they wouldn't be able to buy cheap generic drugs they would have to buy the branded ones. Who do you think is going to pay for that? Expect prescription charges to rocket or other taxes to increase as it will have to be paid for somewhere.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 10:27am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

yeah well that is a worry when you think about some of the vaccines this country buys cheep from other countries which are not truly tested or have some side effects which might-en happen when taken,
i wouldnt take half the stuff this Goverment brings in for the benefit of our health,

had a mate how was on his death bed so close to dieing it was not funny,
now he had the money and a mate in high places who suggested he see this Doctor head of the Greenlane Hospital, he said i have an injection here for you at $1500 bucks a pop that will see you right, you will need at least 8 shots over a coarse of a couple of weeks,
$10,000 later he was like a new man,
you get what i mean though the Governments are willing to let you go if it means the cost of bring you back from the dead is too high...
it really sucks after all why do you pay all these fees and Tax's for, just to be let down because your over the hill or too expensive to save...