Garden chat

Page  <1 678910 25>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 3:46pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Haven't seen any for a few months, think they have moved on. Someone shot one a few metres the other side of my boundary. One of the stray bullets hit one of my steers    Bugger. 

Managed to save him. Had him in the race tending to him daily for about 6 weeks. Touch and go. Just as well I'm stubborn and steer was easy to tend too....
If you always do, what you've always done. You will always get, what you have always got
Henry Ford
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 4:39pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Wow. That's no good Mr Moritz! Never had any 'collateral damage'  and hope to keep it that way. Country life though, pretty hard to beat
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 5:11pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Wow. That's no good Mr Moritz! Never had any 'collateral damage'  and hope to keep it that way. Country life though, pretty hard to beat

"True never know what is going to happen next. Never a dull moment" 
If you always do, what you've always done. You will always get, what you have always got
Henry Ford
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 6:05pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Indeed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 6:43pm
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

My garden is coming to life, especially the weeds! I’ve planted Potatoes, tomatoes, beetroot, kamokamo, pumpkins and various leafy vegetables . The blueberry shrubs are looking good and we should get a good yield. I’ve decided to grow potatoes in large 50 litre pots, it’s a first for me to grow them in pots, but I’ll see how it goes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 7:27pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Schecter, grab some card board (tape and staples removed or a few layers of newspaper lay down overlapping and put lawn clippings on top. done. No weeds till next crop. And what’s left feeds your plants. I weed about a cup of weeds every 3 -4 weeks. And garden 30m by 10m. A bit of landing with this technique. Sorted. 👍😀
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 8:46am
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice mate.  We don't save newspaper and cardboard like we use to, but i'll start keeping it aside.  

A few years ago I was walking around the neighbourhood when I noticed a property with corrugated iron sheets laid across the entire lawn.  Being a nosey bloke that I am, I knocked on the guys door and asked him why did he laid the sheets on the lawn?   He said it was to stop the weeds from growing and to give his veges ahead start.  He also had a great vege garden, and he gave me some large pumpkins to take home.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 9:59am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Nice, us gardeners always seem to have a little surplus. By the time I mow my lawns there are too many seed heads in it to put on my garden Big smile

Cardboard is a good option though and I use it here and there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 2:54pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

In my garden. Not a lot happening, but strawberries are flowering.
2. Passion fruit are flowering.
3. And plums are well pluming..
Henry Ford
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 9:05pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Managed to get down to the kaipara on the weekend to check on my plot, and remembered to take a picture this time. Spuds are booming and shored up for the last time(maybe). Yacons are happy and starting to shoot away finally. Beetroot and red onions are happy as a pig in ****.
Part time Devils Advocate, Fulltime procrastinator
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 9:15pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nope can't upload a picture apparently, but my garden is reel
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 12:04pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by terrafish terrafish wrote:

Nope can't upload a picture apparently, but my garden is reel

Click the square with arrow pointing to 3 o'clock top of input form, that expands the input form and gives access to tree in square which lets you input JPEG photos. 

Hope that makes sense...Thumbs Up

Henry Ford
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 7:54pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nope tried all that. Finishes download then pings back with "unknown error"!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 12:54pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by terrafish terrafish wrote:

Nope tried all that. Finishes download then pings back with "unknown error"!

I sometimes get errors if I go too quick. I give it a couple of seconds each step to give it time to think, but if you are doing it from a phone I have never tried that...
Henry Ford
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 12:59pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Email Grunta direct Terra, [email protected]
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 6:37pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

terrafish

last couple years when using various forums, Ive been using this hosting site for all photos
after uploading, just paste either a link, thumb nails or other.... too easy
https://imgbb.com/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote reel crayze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 12:42pm
reel crayze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

In my garden last nightCry... pumpkins, courgette tomatoesand potato tops all got frosted last night ggrrrr
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 2:19pm
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Can remember round 25years back almost end of November Waikato was hit with heavy frost most of the maize planted was flattened.
This year our potatoes going well ,corn / pumpkins ect not so good. Asparagus grows well until hit with another SE /SW/ S breeze then they all pull up again, need some very warm sunny day's. Fishing has been pretty good though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote reel crayze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 2:42pm
reel crayze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

If the fishing's pretty good life is usually pretty good Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 3:08pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

That's what gardening is for, those times you can't go fishing. My garden gets no attention from Frebruary until August Big smile
Page  <1 678910 25>