Garden chat

Page  <1 567
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 6:51pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Dagwood Dagwood wrote:

we're looking at one of the Vegepod things. 

Anyone had any experience of these?

I have 2 x 2m vegepods on stands. Been growing successfully in them for 5 years now. They work well for me for green crops & tomatoes. I live in Taranaki with frosts, so can loose crops like tomatoes quite often in the open.

I can grow brassica without being plagued by the dreaded brassica moth and lettuces thrive in the microclimate without snails. Also regularly plant root crops like beetroot & carrot.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 7:26pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

organic, grown metres from your kitchen and minutes from picked. Priceless. Costs a bit to set up compost wise etc but as bananaboat says micro and macro organisms, fungus etc builds an amazing growth garden. Feed soil organically and you will get these. Artificial Petrolium products like man made ferts the old school used ignorantly causes terrible damage to your soil and you can only grow crops by adding more just what the chemical fert companies want. I’ve got about 2 years to get my new garden into the organic sweet zone. It takes time 
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 9:16pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

My gardens are just the old style dug in the ground things. Yeah I do use a few commercial ferts and compost but over the years they have got less and less. Here's an update on my garden
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 9:20pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Ooops timed out as I was cooking dinner :) Geese are going well as is the sheep Big smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Page  <1 567