Gamefishing Updates to Dec '23 - Whangaroa

Page  <1234 6>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 2:11pm
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

let it go, You got to let people win sometimesLOL congratulations geoff Mormont 
Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 4:19pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We're just funning Paul,
Cos his fish scratched me boat,
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 5:33pm
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

He said nothing when I put his catch up, haha, his boat name and skipper. well done though awesome 
Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 6:55pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Gents, boat owner is a minor technicality, it is a team effort, skipper, deckie and poor mug winding that gold thing getting all hot and sweaty.

Rumour has it boat owner was welcoming fish aboard with what looked like a bat. All I could hear was a tune being drummed on side of boat. Could be possible the dents and scatches were from said boat owner as he obviously did not like the lucky lure of the day as he hit that also with such force he broke it in half.

Now let's keep what happens on the water on the water, and get back to main purpose of this thread reporting fish catches.
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 7:18pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Classic Yknot, so what muppetry happened on board, stays on board! ClapLOL
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 6:47am
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Was having a snapper fish behind stevies with the vhf on yesterday. Lots of action out there with 150 to 180 holding good number of strippies, was a also a blue weighed . Sure I heard right late in the day a est 180 strip marlin tag . One thing for sure it’s not like matto s post from tut . Still early days in the season . Also yellow fin being caught from doubtless bay through to the cavellis over the last 2 weeks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Small Fry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 6:32pm
Small Fry View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey team
Probably heading up this way next week.
Whats the VHF channel to keep tabs on the action?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 6:44pm
swordfishsteve View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

few marlin around stevies to Cavalies in close, less than 100m , I was lucky tagged my Solo # 19 yesterday, awesome day, so nice and close blue 21.5deg water there, go get them boyz, cheers swordfishsteve

REEL REPAIR GUY - Swordfishsteve, That Is Who I Am and That is What I Do : See More At :www.reelrepairguy.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 6:49pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Woohoo, congratulations steve.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 9628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 7:10pm
9628 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

went north on Tuesday up to poor ks got 1 alby and lost a much bigger one things are warming up nicely in the zone saw a couple of intense workups and 3 big monster sharks around 2.5 to 3m just waiting to eat all those tagged stripeys coming down rather them than me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 7:11pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Steve,

Well done, your ticking those off.

Spoke to a few guys as I launched this afternoon.

That zone went very well yesterday as well.

And you were among those who nailed today.

I'm staying in Whangaroa just waiting for crew to arrive.

Warm up here and not just the water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 7:23pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Big Clap Stevo, now go and get solo no.20! ClapClapClap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:45pm
White snake View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Congratulations steve.amazing effort🍻
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 3:27pm
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Did The Makaira Trailer boats comp . The bite was really good before the comp , and went quiet while the comp was on . I went up out to the 180 m on the first day  off burghens -wekaroa, and stayed close on the 100m behind steveys on the second day . Lots of bait on the 100m , with skippys all over the joint . I will try and download a photo of my fish finder out at the 180 , found this bait which was right on a big current line , I live baited , jiged , towed plastic to no avail  , felt it wasnt going to surface till later in the day , this was at 10 am . Stayed with it for 2 hours . Weather was mint , comp was real good , my boy at least got a whangaroa club line  record skippy , 3.22kg on 4 kg line Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 3:34pm
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 3:42pm
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Try again
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 6:03pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by swordfishsteve swordfishsteve wrote:

few marlin around stevies to Cavalies in close, less than 100m , I was lucky tagged my Solo # 19 yesterday, awesome day, so nice and close blue 21.5deg water there, go get them boyz, cheers swordfishsteve

Congrats Steve. No mean feat. And tagged. Be nice to see more tagged than hanging by their tail - just my opinion. And you managed a pic as well - that is Hard.
Well done. Plenty of excuses for no pics.
Alan 
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 9:52pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sat at anchor in the harbour,can anyone advise local vhf chat channel up here,.
Is there any update on last few days??

Cheers guys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Parua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 10:15pm
Parua View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 12:37pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ynot just landed a nice yft.
Good result for his solo mission so far.
Page  <1234 6>