FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gamefishing Updates - Tutukaka - 19/20

Page  <1 2345>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 10:46pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mates were off tuts today reported very quiet day, apart from skippies.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 9628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 8:37am
9628 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

yep went to mokes yesterday ran lures all around them and far east nothing no skipps saw a few small kahawai workups.
Hit a large kingfish workup on way home at the hen had a treble hookup on small lures landed 2 lost the 3rd which was up for release made the day altogether awesome all around the 1m mark not sure why things seem so dead this year maybe the drought or too much commercial pressure.
Even the comms guys have not been around which sez a lot. This time of year the long liners and trawlers are usually very busy be interesting to hear where they have gone too anybody know?
There are a few birds around but even the dolphins seem to have departed.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sambosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 8:10pm
Sambosi View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Who else is doing the Toots Small Boats instead of going to Elton John valentines weekend?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sambosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 8:20pm
Sambosi View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

Maybe I should be heading to the brett tomorrow, was that George?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 8:21pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'll be up there but only enjoying the time.
Will be listenening to the excitement of the comp.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:03pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Sambosi Sambosi wrote:

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

Maybe I should be heading to the brett tomorrow, was that George?
   yes it was... dont think got anything roday wither as would of heard.. good luck simon... hopefully few more fish start to bite.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TM. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 10:41pm
TM. View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Sambosi Sambosi wrote:

Who else is doing the Toots Small Boats instead of going to Elton John valentines weekend?

Yep Simon we are doing the small boats......certainly most action has been in the boi recently
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 9:43pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

some chomping starting to happen last few days by couple of accounts.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 9628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:38am
9628 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went to BOI yesterday did cavs and nearly to stevies one good work up saw nothing picked up 7 good skippies on way home bright pink is in anything else useless. Good day
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sambosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 10:29pm
Sambosi View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Back from 3 days at toots,  Thursday set the gear in the green water at about 140 south end, saw something about 5m below cruise beneath the stern, grab a sammie for breakfast, half a sandwich later marlin behind the short rigger comes and smacks long corner to come back again, run lure back to it and solid hookup.  Nice big stripey jumps so seeing as I hooked it got on the rod.  Took a friggen hour and a quarter to get it on the double, foul hooked behind pec.  Get it on the leader swimming in circles and leader breaks.  Not happy. 

Day two first day of small boats, same area we work all morning, at around 1130 one in the gear and manage to excite it to a bite winding lure quicker towards bite, no hookup and buggers off not looking at any other lures wtf.

Day 3 today, wind arrived a bit earlier, pretty ugly getting out and put in a day to 2pmish for zilch.

Nice to get the action we had but need to start converting one or two.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JESUSFREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 5:54pm
JESUSFREAK View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Awesome, we're they favouring a particular lure?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sambosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 7:20pm
Sambosi View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Zuker 5.5 PB, Mrs Palmer Daughter and a Frozen Tree in flying fish colours all got attention.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 8:11pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Zuker black and purple 5.5 (the old standby) and any frozen tree, would be two of my favourite lures.
It’s great to see you getting results on that frozen tree lure, as I understand they are quite hard to come by.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 9628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 8:14am
9628 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went to knights yesterday after a bit of mucking around lived up to their name POOR lol
Got 2 skippies western side saw a bit of action at 150m on the far side. Nice day out though rolling swell around 1m. After we gat some decent rain things should change as the upper reaches of the harbours are teaming with fish big and small so a good flush should change everything. Heres hoping!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:54pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I predict marlin fishing is about to go off at Tuts and thereabouts. I’m forecasting from Thursday mid morning till  late afternoon and through till Sunday afternoon one of hottest bites ever seen on the east and west coast will occur.  And be concentrated around and involving the little white stabi Obsession .. first day out of tuts this year (apart from one day shake down with wife off bland bay) it will be hot in amongst the action experiencing multiple hookups from Thursday 11am onwards through to Sunday afternoon. It will be epic, touch wood ...

We will be flying a large Coruba flag and I have a welsh master mariner as crew. While no one is on helm and during the multiple strikes,  please give us the usual wide berth. We will call in our strikes and will be unmistakeable. The stabi is built like an icebreaker and reinforced at the pointy end.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 7:09am
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Been sacrificing virgins Shane.

Good luck.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 7:32am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think you need to wait a month Shane.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 9628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 3:16pm
9628 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I will be joining the mayhem too I feel a big bite is on as there hasn't been one yet this year!!!!
On OJ will be single handed slaying them as usual.
Plan is sparrow fart start land a couple of KY maybe at Sail then run 2 slappers on the top with maybe a hot pink in the middle and do the damage. LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sambosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 5:10pm
Sambosi View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I hear this bite is actually starting late Friday morning
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TM. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 6:07pm
TM. View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

good luck,   Personally If fishing the east coast I would be targeting BOI to Whangaroa....better still west coast if weather allows....hoki has been going off
Page  <1 2345>