Gamefishing Updates - Tutukaka - 17/18

Page  <1 23456 8>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 10:34pm
part-timer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work...     live bait or lure...
We did a drop at the hole. . Zero...
And I think zeto for others there.
Heard a few caught of ocean be area today though..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 10:36pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Dun Logging Dun Logging wrote:

Got one today 158 off moo moo 👍

Well done Eric Clap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dun Logging Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 8:17am
Dun Logging View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Got it on a lure for a change fruit salad colour.
Live for today because tomorrow might not come
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 10:20pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by part-timer part-timer wrote:

Nice work...     live bait or lure...
We did a drop at the hole. . Zero...
And I think zeto for others there.
Heard a few caught of ocean be area today though..

I heard plenty of action on VHF off Oceans, 100m
But also up the coast as well, in the usual areas.

Lets see if Mr Krow will reign in with his deep drop results. Big smile
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 2:20pm
KB View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Out to Oceans on Sunday from Mangawhai with my bro Nipper, a bit choppy on the way out but dropped away by lunch time.
Lures in at 85 mtrs out to 105 mtrs, some big bait schools up to 25mtrs deep, came back in to 85 and picked up a couple of kawahai for the tuna tubes, half hour later pump dies and so do the live bait.
12.30 it all started, Marlin feeding in packs of 3 to 4 at a time, white water eruptions all around us with the Gannets going mental. Gannets were chasing the bait on the surface acting like mutin birds not having to dive for a feed.
The Gannets were following the marlin 3 or 4 birds only, so just looked for a few birds and the fish were their.
We chased and followed the explosions for 2 hrs but they were not interested in the lures and with no live bait it was a hopeless task.
We estimated that between 100 & 80 mtrs we saw at least 15 marlin, don't think they were the same fish as the groups of fish were smashing the bait schools at the same time with 100 mtrs between them.
Water temp 22.4 and Blue.
A great day will be back next weekend.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 8:43pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

fizzing Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 9:39pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yonkers - Kyle tagged a lovely stripey off oceans on a solo mishClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 9:56pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by KB KB wrote:

Out to Oceans on Sunday from Mangawhai with my bro Nipper, a bit choppy on the way out but dropped away by lunch time.
Lures in at 85 mtrs out to 105 mtrs, some big bait schools up to 25mtrs deep, came back in to 85 and picked up a couple of kawahai for the tuna tubes, half hour later pump dies and so do the live bait.
12.30 it all started, Marlin feeding in packs of 3 to 4 at a time, white water eruptions all around us with the Gannets going mental. Gannets were chasing the bait on the surface acting like mutin birds not having to dive for a feed.
The Gannets were following the marlin 3 or 4 birds only, so just looked for a few birds and the fish were their.
We chased and followed the explosions for 2 hrs but they were not interested in the lures and with no live bait it was a hopeless task.
We estimated that between 100 & 80 mtrs we saw at least 15 marlin, don't think they were the same fish as the groups of fish were smashing the bait schools at the same time with 100 mtrs between them.
Water temp 22.4 and Blue.
A great day will be back next weekend.

That's what we like to hear...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 10:28pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have heard there was a big stripey caught at Toots by a junior, anyone know what it weighed.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 11:01pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I heard 180kg but don't quote me, I don't know further,, I also heard a snippet of 190kg from somewhere also...???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 11:17am
the demon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

I heard 180kg but don't quote me, I don't know further,, I also heard a snippet of 190kg from somewhere also...???

Yeah,there face book page said is is excess of 180 kegs .Well done to that Junior . Like to know what the actual weight is though .?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muppetshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 12:31pm
muppetshow View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Dq as angler was young and couldn't put enough on fish. Father took over
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sambosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 8:29pm
Sambosi View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bring on the Smallboats, sounds a lot better than recently
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 8:49pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Now you have a decent crew... you might fare slightly better... or least have even more fun.

Aye aye skipper.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 6:31am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

My nephew Dwayne Sweeney got the 190.4kg stripey from Whitiangler. Had a couple of Japanese mates with him, there first day ever fishing and one gets to land a 50yr old record for Whitianga. Live bait in 100m on a 4.5m FC boat
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 7:02am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by kaveman kaveman wrote:

My nephew Dwayne Sweeney got the 190.4kg stripey from Whitiangler. Had a couple of Japanese mates with him, there first day ever fishing and one gets to land a 50yr old record for Whitianga. Live bait in 100m on a 4.5m FC boat

Wow it doesn't get much better than that, what was the fight time Kev? ClapClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 9:28pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

201.4kg Striped Marlin caught today on a livey off Ocean's. Livey in at 9am... 5mins later Boom!

Angler Sean McCully on 37kg, boat Obsession.

> Insert pic...

Heaviest stripey weighed this season.ClapClapClap

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 9:32pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bring on the small boats (tomorrow). It's going to be a carpark off Oceans. Oh the RT will be fun. I'm out Sunday and Monday if my crew can harden the ,,,, up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote RH580ikanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 9:53pm
RH580ikanui View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Was out oceans today around the 105 mark...live baiting all day. Nothing for me until I had packed everything away for the run in, released my family of three kahawai...I did think that is going to make something happen on the way in ditching my livies....sure enough 83 M few gannets going in and at least three marlin happily feeding. Pull up right beside feeding marlin completely unphased about the boat...but wait....luckily I had one blue maomao in the tank that I was going to let go back at the ramp...a quick bit of body piecing and over he went...got about 10ft below the boat before the reel starting singing..got about 15 min of fun and games before the hook pulled...wasn’t that upset as it was 1720 when I hooked up and solo with no night lights set up wasn’t going to fun.
Funny how 15 mins can change your day...made my day.
"IKANUI" RH580 SUZUKI DF140
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote reel crayze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 8:36am
reel crayze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Murphies law right there.Wink

Good read.
Page  <1 23456 8>