Gamefishing Updates to Dec '23 - N Plymouth-Raglan

Page  <1234 7>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishR52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 5:34pm
FishR52 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi fellas, much happening on the marlin front up NP ways in last couple days?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 6:48pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

English.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 7:46pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What do you mean by English Mattoo?
Seems like the chap is wanting to know if there has been any marlin caught off NP(New Plymouth) as he is wanting to bring his boat up from nelson in the SI(South Island) which is a long way, and is just trying to get some information about whether there has been any marlin(pelagic form of sportfish commonly inhabiting nz waters over the summer period).
Seems like pretty plain English to me
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 8:49pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That's a modified post.
Thanks terrafish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 8:52pm
White snake View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

So far this season there has been one fish weighed and one tagged.A few others been dropped.Been a bit of action straight out off port too.Report from today was very quiet with one local charter skipper saying he couldint even manage a tuna.Things due to heat up any day with the water temps between 20 and 21 degrees.If anyone wants any intel feel free to PM or ring me anytime.always happy to share info with anyone including those willing to travel.0274904268...Didint realise you were an english teacher mattoošŸ˜
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishR52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 9:13pm
FishR52 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks guys, hopefully not far away then for some action. It seems slow in Tasman Bay for the tuna compared to last year to.
Cheers White Snake, good fella. I will keep an eye on reports/weather then will give you a call, before I head north for a look between Fairwell Spit and NP.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 10:38pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

White snake,

I don't waste my time on trifle.
As I,said the post was eligible.
That post has been edited since.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 8:16am
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

White snake,

Letā€™s concentrate on fishing and leave the personal attacks.

(Have a look what ā€œeligibleā€ means in English.)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Helmsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 9:36am
Helmsy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

White snake,

* illegible

Try and at least use proper English if you're going to be a prat about it

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:15am
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Been out three times since New Year and have not seen a tuna.     Yesterday to 86 m and all we saw was a kingfish workup at 70 m   Good blue water to 19.2 degrees.

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 4:18pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I lWinkike trifle!

Was in Raglan today, just for lunch. Was flat as but very few trailers at both town ramp or Manu Bay. The blue water was close to the bar.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 4:25pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My big foot in my mouth.
Apologies to all.

Not my usual style.
Arse self kicked.

I did have frustrating posting and have had to dump all my hiistory, cookies and reload every tool I have.
My last few posts were corrupted. I couldn't stop erasing rewording these.
I'm not savvy enough to know why.
Sought support and things seem fine again.

That's hopefully all from me on that subject.

Apologies for the trifle not having the proper sherry.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 4:50pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My big foot in my mouth.
Apologies to all.

Not my usual style.
Arse self kicked.

I did have frustrating posting and have had to dump all my hiistory, cookies and reload every tool I have.
My last few posts were corrupted. I couldn't stop erasing rewording these.
I'm not savvy enough to know why.
Sought support and things seem fine again.

That's hopefully all from me on that subject.

Apologies for the trifle not having the proper sherry.

Have something stronger Mattoo and post againLOL

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 6:53pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 7:32pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wrong thread Marligator?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 10:31pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Jeez, don't know how the hell I did that, but removed it now and have put it where it was supposed to go.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 11:51pm
White snake View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Newplymouth club boat reel tees caught a double of stripys today on the 100m line straight off newplymouth.They tagged one and boated one.it went 111kg.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 7:39am
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kawhia One Base, Thursday was a no fishing day, too ruff, Friday Saturday was fishable (just) Saturday a little better, 6 stripies weighed, best 106, and 5 tagged, some nice albies were caught, best of these went 10.5.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yellafin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 3:33pm
yellafin View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks for the info guys. Helps us from out of the area wanting to travel up. Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 10:37pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Had a good day out yesterday at Raglan first real try this season for a Marlin. Waiting for that window of opportunity to line up with my days off.
Headed out to the area commonly called the 124, put the lures in the water at 70m. Hardly a boat in sight after seeing the carpark at Manu bay was pretty full for a Wednesday. Came across patches of Skippys and Albacore from 65 meters out put out a small feathered lure to check out what they were. Kept the Skippy for bait and let the Alby go. Stuck to the plan and kept on heading out further. Found more boats from the 100m line so thought this must be the area. Further out we seen a fish out on the surface, my first thoughts were it was a shark so kept my distance, my called it for a Marlin so went for a closer look, didn't take long before it took a liking to the purple and black Zuker lure and it was all on. Went on some good runs as we were both new to Marlin fishing get it to the boat didn't go to well, ended up breaking the leader close to the boat, manged to get a short video of it on the phone. Carried on trolling around the area for a few more hrs but no luck decided to go back to where the other boats were as were in 184m when we hooked up. There were still lots of fishing breaking the surface Skippys and Albies so kept us motivated to find another marlin. We kept the lures in the water most of the way back in as decided to have a Snapper fish at 58m started packing up the gear and then out of nowhere we had another strike in 70m on the Bonze D shackle. Fish went ballistic and took around 300m of line before we got it under control. Unfortunately after a very short fight it dropped the lure so guessing it might of been bill wrapped not actually hooked. Did 156km and used 72lts for the day and spent the best part of 10hrs out there. Were not using the light gauge hooks.
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Page  <1234 7>