FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gamefishing Updates - New Plymouth-Raglan - 18/19

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gamefishing Updates - New Plymouth-Raglan - 18/19
    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 1:06pm
Sezza View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Game-fishing reports, updates, and pics here. Good luck for the  season.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 8:13pm
feeder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Will there be an early bite this year, yesterday coming back in from a snapper fish at 55m temp 18.1 and there were a couple of rather large mako's playing havoc with our gear. Coming back in we hit a patch of warm water 38 to 28m just off the Kawhia bar, got as high as 19.8, looking good.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:49pm
White snake View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi feeder.i went to mokau for a snapper fish in 45m off the river mouth on sunday and had temp ranging from 17 to 19.wondered if my sounder was reading right.Had dolphins every where all day and some huge work ups with gannett's diving hard.Lots of kahawai and mackerel.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 6:29pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

My spies tell stripeys spotted off the Naki coast. Won't be long now.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ninjabert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 3:42pm
ninjabert View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Any tuna signed/caught yet? Thinking of heading up this weekend for nosey...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:14pm
White snake View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I hope your spies were right Alan.any general area or depth
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 7:02am
Alan L View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

No, it was just a quick conversation with a mate from that area who fishes a lot. He said warm water had come over with that snot from Aus last week. And lots of baitfish with it.
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member