1 salty View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice looking stripey there pirate.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 8:39pm
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey there salty, yeah all the fish at the mo seem to be pretty solid. Our last 3 since i,ve seen you have all been 100-130kg. Bottom fishing comp was held today, prob only a few boats trolling maybe half a doz or so and 3x caught with a couple dropped so stats aint that bad considering... Think a lot of fisho,s have packed there gear away. few boats at anchor fishing wide reported freejumpers around them, good water still and fish hanging around. Long range looking ok at this stage maybe sat weekend, get down here mate 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 8:48pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Nice fish pirate, plenty of them in BOP at present tooWink

www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 9:36pm
PIG HUNTER View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice fish pirate.congratulations
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 9:54pm
stef da maori View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Looks bigger about 20keg than u estimated pirate. Nice chunky fish
Tama tu, tama ora. Tama moe, tama mate.Maranga mai, me hiika tatou i nga wa katoa.
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 3:03pm
1 salty View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by pirate pirate wrote:

Hey there salty, yeah all the fish at the mo seem to be pretty solid. Our last 3 since i,ve seen you have all been 100-130kg. Bottom fishing comp was held today, prob only a few boats trolling maybe half a doz or so and 3x caught with a couple dropped so stats aint that bad considering... Think a lot of fisho,s have packed there gear away. few boats at anchor fishing wide reported freejumpers around them, good water still and fish hanging around. Long range looking ok at this stage maybe sat weekend, get down here mateĀ 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 3:06pm
1 salty View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Cheers pirate I would love to come back down but the boat is in for a service and I don't have the coin to get it out. But good luck with the rest of your season
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 4:28pm
Millbrooke View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Looking at coming over this weekend for a look....

heard the hook and just inside is the place to be????...any further reports on where the actions been centred?

cheers
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 6:59am
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep you heard right, the hook and surrounding area is your best bet. Probably the most consistent patch of water all season. We are,nt getting big numbers of fish now but they are still there. Also not a lot of boats are trolling nowadays, to suggest the possibility of more fish around.. think everyones brokeOuch after endless days of hot fishing. Good luck
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 9:40am
Silver
Silver

Beauty...cheers Pirate....I'll most likely be out in my black extreme centre console "Millbrooke"......haven't been able to blood it this season in the BOP so planning on dragging it over. Picked up a stripey early in the season over there on a mates boat. It sure has been a great season over there.....and here i was thinking i was moving to better fishing in the BOP....should have stayed in the naki!!

What VHF frequency are you guys on 67?
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 2:28pm
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good work Pirate solid fish there mate. Must still be quite a few around looking at the numbers... go the WEST!!!!
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 5:50pm
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

cheers go west ,yeah Corky the club tally man informs me the total marlin caught this season including non members is 487!. 360 odd fish for members. Gee milbrooke that is a weapon of mass marlin destruction i will keep an eye out for you if we happen to be out there, likely sunday as i,ve got kids saturday. My boat is out of action at the mo but will be fishing a mates black centre console DNA 515 ' Ace of Base'. We,ve had 2x fish for 2x trips in it so hoping the 'comes in threes' thing happensWink
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 5:54pm
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Channel 61 coastguard, channel 3 chat
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 5:57pm
Silver
Silver

Cheers pirate.... Will keep an eye out.... I will probably fish both days...I normally fish of 'Moko' with mike, but keen to blood the wee machine....had some hard luck stories over here this season, but hopefully the naki can produce the goods..... Cheers kelv
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:38am
Dave0308 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Any one else out tomorrow / been out ? tossing up between heading wide to the trench or hanging in close to see if there are any still hanging around.  we will be out from Kawhia 
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 2:53pm
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

few fish out of kawhia last weekend
Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 3:06pm
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by mangre 2 mangre 2 wrote:

few fish out of kawhia last weekend

Whats the low down on the general Paul....... depth or area Ill take any info I can get haha LOL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 4:20pm
No Fear View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

have done a few trips of late, heaps an  heaps of bait from 70 -95 ish, persainers where back out behind gannet around the 100-120 mark,water temps where up to 21.8 nice water colour , we didnt see one ,but pulling again tomorrow., heard a boat saw a couple round the 110 line north of rag leads but didnt even wonna look at a lure,,no live baits on board ,bugga bugga. was out saturday.

'''kuruzin" on ''ureka express"
Page  <1 131415