FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gamefishing Updates - Coromandel to BOP - 19/20

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 9:17pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

classic mate, not many at boat ramp either, but few more fish about I would say than your post suggests.. go get em.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 12:08pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

There's a few fish about between Aldies and North of the Hook. Stripeys and YFT and action area yesterday was from the Hook to about 5nm South. Depth 150-250m. YFT boated in ~100m depth off the Red later in the day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bigfishbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 11:22pm
Bigfishbob View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

Al, why is it a pending record.

Cos there is a strict criteria the fish must go through with IGFA rules and NZ Sportfishing rules, so they will measure and scrutinise the line, double, leader, lure and hook rig, method of capture, flying gaff rope length and so on...

I think in terms of a NZ Record it has to be approved with the NZ Sportfishing council, previously NZ Big Game Fishing Council which most NZ gamefishing clubs affiliate to...

Big Fish Bob, Bob Gutsell President of NZ Sportfishing Council please add comments...Clap

PS, I do not know if Angler is a Junior (under 16)

Sorry for the slow response, I only had my phone with me on holiday, and I only use that for checking Facebook and Email...and occasionally doing phone calls! Strange but True!

There are separate application processes for NZ and International records, because the records are administered by two different organisations. There is quite a bit of information to be recorded on each application form, and also requires samples of line for testing, etc. So until all that is received reviewed and line tests complete, record applications are referred to as pending. It usually takes a few weeks for NZ records, but IGFA can take much longer, up to 6 months in some cases for no apparent reason. They certainly won't be any quicker with international shipping on a go slow.

www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 4:35pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks,

Hope you get a result.

My pending question was originally for what type of record.
But all that answered now.

Cheers.
M
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Page  <123