Gamefishing update 2012 - West Coast

Page  <1 3435363738>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:37am
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by supermodel supermodel wrote:

Cool. will see you there. Anyone who decides last minute to come along txt me on 0274760925
Phil
How did you get on out there Phil??
 -would have come with you if hadn't had to go to work.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RH580ikanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 12:04pm
RH580ikanui View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey Shane... very quiet out there yesterday. Big thanks for Devlin letting me tag along. One boat got onto a meatball of skippies getting sliced & diced by 4 marlin. They said they were in 115-130 of Nth Piha but think they might have had instrument troublesWink. No livies on board for them. Seems 100-115m off the karekare Piha Bethels seemed to be best bet. Heaps of skippies & quiet a few gannets & dolphins around.

Fingers crossed for the small boats next weekend..
"IKANUI" RH580 SUZUKI DF140
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 12:30pm
Double Shot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bad luck Phil, have fun at the small boats mate...
70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote westie21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 5:56pm
westie21 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

went out yesterday water not the best sounder stopped reading at 125 were off piha mabe bit north seen meatball of macks gretting smashd 6 at once marlin maybe more down deep was mean to see but not keen on our lures had a live skipie but no luck mean site to see got bit on film stiil a few out there but coming to an end very quick
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote afisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 8:11pm
afisho View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

anyone no any info of the boat that tipped over at manu bay on the weekend hope all on board are ok??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 9:09pm
Snag View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I believe it was a family going for Paua, got hit by a wave, they swimmed to shore by the gorge & coast guard got them the next morning. They spent the night on the bricks i think?.

Every one ok Thumbs Up. Boat was a right off!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote karm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 3:43pm
karm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Jungle vine has about 6 strikes/ hook ups for about 6-7 boats behind Manukau on Sat…

don't think anything was landed ..Even though the water temp has dropped a bit ..I think that’s subsurface water being pushed to the top by big weather systems …all of that bad weather has been out of the north N/ NNE/NE/NW etc

Theres still plenty of bait out there & still tuna … & there seems to be more pockets of dense (red) bait on the sounder than there was 3 weeks ago

So we either have a very very busy fish out there hooking up 6 times

Or at least 6 fish … Or a pocket of a lot of fish ….

2 weeks ago 24 boats hooked up 48 times in 2 days in the Radz tourney off Ahipara … so for my money I think there are a lot of beakies  working in smaller areas ???

I will be out there next week If any one wants to crew with me,  send me a pm        

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bigfishbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 7:32pm
Bigfishbob View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by snag snag wrote:

I believe it was a family going for Paua, got hit by a wave, they swimmed to shore by the gorge & coast guard got them the next morning. They spent the night on the bricks i think?.

Every one ok Thumbs Up. Boat was a right off!
While it was fantastic to hear they were ok, its somewhat disturbing to hear theye were around there at 8pm at night (that's what I read).

And yet again like everybody who's gone before them were struck by one of those infamous, and yet not so rare West Coast "rogue" waves. According to the newspaper report they only had to swim 20 metres to the shore, so they must have been very close when it happened.

Just glad it wasn't a whole lot worse.
www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 9:13am
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by karm karm wrote:

Jungle vine has about 6 strikes/ hook ups for about 6-7 boats behind Manukau on Sat…

don't think anything was landed ..Even though the water temp has dropped a bit ..I think that’s subsurface water being pushed to the top by big weather systems …all of that bad weather has been out of the north N/ NNE/NE/NW etc

Theres still plenty of bait out there & still tuna … & there seems to be more pockets of dense (red) bait on the sounder than there was 3 weeks ago

So we either have a very very busy fish out there hooking up 6 times

Or at least 6 fish … Or a pocket of a lot of fish ….

2 weeks ago 24 boats hooked up 48 times in 2 days in the Radz tourney off Ahipara … so for my money I think there are a lot of beakies  working in smaller areas ???

I will be out there next week If any one wants to crew with me,  send me a pm        

Sounds promising Karm - all this rain will leave a layer of fresh crappy stuff on top, epsecially where the harbour flows end up. Could still be nice water a meter under. Next weekend is the WS Laurie touney so there will be plenty out on Friday and Saturday.
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:02am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Any marlin around Raglan? We might have a look on Friday.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote redone967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 9:20pm
redone967 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

letus know how ya  go fishb8, keen to full the freezer up on sj on sunday, so any info would be greatly appreciated on where theyre hanging out, was out last saturday off the back of 21, water tempwas down but still very blue, this big slow moving high should push surface temp back up a notch or two for weekend look, 2 boats from our raglan club did well on the hundred mark NW of the bar 2 weeks ago, but its anyones guess really,well definately be throwing in a few 37s for the trip reguardless!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -prozac- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 7:32am
-prozac- View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

thinkin about headin over the manukau on saturday for a look
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 4:08pm
skidder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm thinking about sunday so post ya results prozac.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -prozac- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 7:41pm
-prozac- View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

sweet as, apparently a boat had a double hook up today, landed one and dropped the other, with the westcoaster on there should be a few boats out tomoro, we just need to stop at the gassy in the morn and should be out there pickin up a few livey's on the way out to tow around
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote afisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 8:09pm
afisho View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Anyone know if the manu bay
comp is still on this.Saturday
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishyrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 8:37pm
fishyrich View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sure is mate, definatly on for Saturday, get your tickets from 6am on the day at either Manu Bay, Te Kopua Boat ramp, or down at the wharf, $40 for a boat entry and start fishing 7am. Back in and standing in the cue to weigh in by 4pm sharp.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skidoggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 1:03pm
skidoggg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

tomorrow lookin miknties on swellmap 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote inta game Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 1:07pm
inta game View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yep. i see a window. TITAN wil be out wide
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 2:50pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Planning on a trip out  Mon/Tues.  Let me know how it goes Stevo, good luck. I'll have a kahawia or mack dead if you get one!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 7:36pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by skidoggg skidoggg wrote:

tomorrow lookin miknties on swellmap 

Go hard cuzz - will be listening on 6
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Page  <1 3435363738>