GameFishing B.O.P updates 2012.

Page  <1 27282930>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bluewater5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 7:24pm
Bluewater5 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Made it 25miles behind white today into the 2000m trench, very dead, nice flat calm day, only interupeted by one weed fish. Crap water colour but up to 16.2degrees. Covered 116miles. I hope the boys do better of the cape!!!!!
I own 501 lures, but i can only run 5 at a time. What to do??? Man I have some sleepless nights!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 7:28pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

good stuff bro, out there doing it hey who dares wins well done.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 8:15pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Now that's keen Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 8:18pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good on you guys for getting out there and having a crackClapClap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bluewater5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 8:20pm
Gold
Gold

Well im not guna catch the buggers sitting on the couch, just hope one day it pays off!!!!!!
I own 501 lures, but i can only run 5 at a time. What to do??? Man I have some sleepless nights!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 8:38pm
Titanium
Titanium

yeah mate dead right, I would be looking wide if the boat was in the water been to the 60 mile grounds once and intend going back but it is picking th weather what makes it hard
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bluewater5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 8:43pm
Gold
Gold

It was certainly a cracker day, bloody long way out there by myself, the old girl was running on fumes as I crossed the bar. Need more fuel next time!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 8:48pm
Titanium
Titanium

your a kean bugger mate, look forward to those who dare reports.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 10:03pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good on you Andrew for giving it a go. We were on the Mayor Knolls today, dead there, no birdlife or anything, even the fishing was terrible one small bluenose and a gemfish, luckiliy we got some snapper in at Mayor later in the day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapper14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 9:40am
snapper14 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

was hard going at Rangitira's on Saturday too. 5 small Bluenose and lots of rat kingi's. Only two would have been takers. Nice conditions and good to have a bit of sunshine for a change.

If a man goes nowhere and theres no one there to see him, did he ever leave?

Munter - Outrageous Fortune.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote poppasmurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 7:42pm
poppasmurf View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Anyone heard of anyone catching or seeing any albacore out of Tauranga this season tried trolling  penguins all sunday nothing seen but a good fuel bill !!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 8:58pm
ninja View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

hopefully ill be heading out on the weekend for a look if weather OK , probably have a look at the knolls and i will post if see any thing poppasmurf
im a amateur at tuna so hopefully tin ass one for the season
buying lures is one of those things only beaten by lying-down activities
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 10:35pm
Titanium
Titanium

Good luck Ninja, we were out on the Mayor Knolls on Saturday and it was dead, no mutton ducks nothing at all, that tells me the Albies aren't in yet. If in your travels you come across an area with mutton ducks stay in that area, that is where the Albies will be. Also make sure you have a couple of Rapala CD14's or similar in your lure pattern, albies love them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 11:59am
ninja View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

hay marligator what colour seems the best for the winter albies? i have a few cd14-cd18 and xraps 30's in blue mack
buying lures is one of those things only beaten by lying-down activities
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote six guns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 5:02pm
six guns View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

we smashed a few this time last year any of your skippy lures will work or small rap was out 3 weeks ago but no luck should be there by now tho.
skull draging and taging
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 1:15pm
Titanium
Titanium

Ninja, we used to used the blue or green mackeral colours, but I don't think they are overly fussy, normally when you get into a patch of them every lure gets taken. One of the reasons I like the rapalas is that we fish light line and a rapala fully in their mouth/throat slows (chokes) them down a fair bit. But that does not always work as 2 years ago I got one of 12kg on 3 kg line which took 3 hours to land, the back hook was just in the corner of the mouth. Note that when using really light line I will use CD9's or 11's.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote karm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 5:43pm
karm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Could someone please give me the longs/lats for both the Ngtoro (sp?) & Rangatira

cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 6:07pm
Titanium
Titanium

Rangatira (Shallowest Point) 37 15.656 and 176 51.227, Sorry don't know the coordinates for the other one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 9:28pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by karm karm wrote:

Could someone please give me the longs/lats for both the Ngtoro (sp?) & Rangatira

cheers

from the bathy charts

West Ngatoro is E 176. 51
                           S 36. 58
East Ngatoro is  E 177.06
                           S 37.04

these are pretty big knolls, been there a few times but got to pick your weather. approx 70nm from Whangamata
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mashies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 10:22am
Mashies View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Chlorophyl charts seem to show a lot of dirty water a long way out. We were out the Mayor knolls a few weeks ago and had green slime coming up on the lines. Not sure if this is normal this time of year or maybe just all the rain? I haven't seen the water that green that far out before.

Page  <1 27282930>