Game fishing update - West Coast

Page  <1 15161718>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote stef da maori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 9:59am
stef da maori View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

W.T.F!!! Another blue striped marlin. Must be the el nino weather pattern, been an awesome year for them.
Tama tu, tama ora. Tama moe, tama mate.Maranga mai, me hiika tatou i nga wa katoa.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 4:15pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

awesome fish and congrats - but calling it a bluey is just plain crazy insane - whats the story behind that?

Are weighmastery tickets given away in Weetbix boxes these days?? Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 5:50pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes, but they pay us in beer.....,Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 6:22pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

......crack, LSD and shrooms as well bro!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 7:35pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Funny You should mention it Kezza..... my latest gift... :-)

Not like the Blue meanies, you get from the ARC park.....oops Ive said too much...lol

Cheers Wefaknis
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishyrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 10:07pm
fishyrich View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi guys, as president and weighmaster for the Raglan Sportfishing Club I can verify that the above fish is indeed a Striped Marlin and we are calling it a Stripey, I was out on the water myself on Sunday and was not on hand to assist with the weighing, although the fish was caught within 100m of where we were bottom fishing, Bugger!! and to top that off we didnt even realise that Mark and Geoff had a fish on at all, it wasnt until they returned with the fish in the boat to thank us for pulling up our anchor just in the knick of time or it would of been possibly broken off on the rope. That was when we all looked at each other onboard (4 of us) and said " nah mate we were just shifting spots and didnt even know you guys were hooked up"
So back to the fish I was unable to get a decent look at it on the water and on return to Raglan was rather suprised to find out it had been called a Blue, the door had been left open to change once I was able to view photos of the fish, and I think its clear to see, its a real good condition Stripey.
Well done to the crew of Aquaholic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 10:12pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hahahahahahaha, I've always wanted to ban you Wekafins but right now I have to go for a drive up the road.Star
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 6.1 aquaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 7:46am
6.1 aquaholic View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

thanks rich for that and a big thanks to sheryl for alway stoping what ever she is doing to meet as at the weight station
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 8:08am
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

On ya Rich - cheers for that thou still at a loss how 'blue marlin' ended up on the board - how was it ID'd as such in the first place?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 8:47am
Donald Duck View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think that, rather than species, it was just a general description of the fish. If it had been pink it would have been Pink Marlin, even though it had stripes  Big smile

Anywho, if it's really worrying the purists, I have reset the world to it's correct axle:

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote billfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 6:54pm
billfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Smile nice work coming to the rescue there Gazza.  Maybe you can photoshop yourself in there too - unless The Effect catches on and melts your hard drive.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 7:10pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awesome fish - well done!!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote K_N_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 7:42pm
K_N_B View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Very nice fish Mark. Congrats to you & your Dad.  Is that number 2 or 3 for the year?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 6.1 aquaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 7:21am
6.1 aquaholic View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

thanks k n b thats the 2nd fish for the boat this year
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 9:25pm
Donald Duck View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I was out of Raglan yesterday... covered a fair amount of ground and can report that I saw;

No marlin
No tuna
No mahimahi

FYI
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 9:32pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

well as per your other gamefishing trips mate, your very consistantLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 9:41pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The Effect is so strong that I bet there isn't a marlin left within 200 miles of that bit of coast now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 9:22am
sink View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The effect is so strong it is unbelivable. I took the young fella out for a fish, who is luckier than a leprechan and for the first time ever got skunked (not counting spinydogs). I said to him we may as well get rolling and head home and blow me down over the radio comes the pink shirted Beagles voice from 20 miles away. So relieved the poor fishing had nothing to do with our ability. So it would be nice in the future Beagle if you could let us know if your heading out and Ill stay home and do the vacuuming.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 10:22am
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

oh god no are sink and the beagle related??????
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 10:26am
iz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Dose any one Know how far out the manukau shelf break is ??, say im launching from piha am keen to try and get there this summer weather permitting that is and is there puka there MMMMM ??? Would like to hear from any one that has fished it looks like good ground on google earth.
Page  <1 15161718>