Game fishing update - West Coast

Page  <1 1415161718>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Butthead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 8:52am
Butthead View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice work Torpedo!!

Congrats.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wind Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 12:30pm
Wind Up View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Well done - adrenalin will always help when you forget the gaff.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 4:54pm
skidder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice fish Mr T.

Shallow water means better chance of fish seeing your livey.....Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 6:47pm
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

And I hear that Tania from top catch in halfmoon bay tagged one today out west
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 8:21pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And one off Mokau on Sunday, T & R

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crazy Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 9:53am
Crazy Horse View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Kawhia update.  Fished over the last three days with not much luck, but the fish are still off our part of the coast in good numbers. Seen 8 fish, free jumpers, a couple swimming on the surface and 3 which pulled line but did not hook up. Have never seen so much bait in this area since I have started game fishing. Wild West had 5 shots on Saturday after noon from 1.00pm to 4.30pm off Piri Toki point. They trolled in an area about a k squared. Not bad for an afternoons fishing. Heard that Game player tagged a fish and dropped one at the trench Sat afternoon. Rendevous taggged one off Piri Toki Sunday after noon. The nakie boys are making a late run in Kawhia waters!!!!!. Think we are in for a late season. Hope so
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 2:17pm
Donald Duck View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Must be nice to be back on the water Dave!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crazy Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 5:18pm
Crazy Horse View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yep. But do not like what I can see out window looking out to sea
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote billfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 7:28pm
billfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Spoke to a guy at work today who reckons they had a 3way gang attack behind the boat yesterday and saw mega fish but going 10:4:0 - all in less than 80m directly behind the bar. ???????.  hmmmmm

Given the relatively small number of craft on the water (but tempering his statistic with the inevitable mako factor and perhaps over excitement) it still seems apparent we are having a late strong bite on the West Coast this year.    Saw a bit of action myself over the weekend so I know they are still there for sure.

Oh dear.   Looks like I'm going to have to have another stab at it this weekend.  Be rude not to me thinks.  Wonder if I can stir up my crew for another go.  Saturday looks peachy.

How about a few other forum boats make it a party out at Huia on Friday Night?  Sparrows start Saturday??   Not fussed - Just an idea to round out the summer that Boulder and I kicked around on Sunday.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 7:43pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

what ever happened to your far north trip mate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 2SHITS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 10:28pm
2SHITS View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good luck with the swell for the weekend... looks like its going to be quite solid out those ways...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 10:40pm
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

sadly it does that
Swell map currently showing 3.5-4m wsw swell

That does NOT auger well for a cruisey bar crossing and is a shade over my 2m limit for the Manukau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 5:20am
Titanium
Titanium

Grow a pair Boulder, ya ol' chicken Star

Looks like a bloody good weekend to go to the Hamilton 400 and at some stage Dutchy and I will likely negotiate a bar or two  LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote billfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 12:39pm
billfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Won't be even thinking about it if the swell gets up but I guess we could send Ski out to test the bar first.Wink  

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 1:14pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by The Beagle The Beagle wrote:

Looks like a bloody good weekend to go to the Hamilton 400 and at some stage Dutchy and I will likely negotiate a bar or two  LOL

Ya going to be at the ITM 400 Beags?.....if you are will have to catch up for a brew mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 3:25pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kezza Kezza wrote:

Originally posted by The Beagle The Beagle wrote:

Ya going to be at the ITM 400 Beags?.....if you are will have to catch up for a brew mate!

Yes, The Flying Dutchman and I intend to do Saturday and Sunday and have Flexi-Stand tickets (whatever the hell they are but Frank seems to know the ins and outs).
I'll PM my cell number Kezz so we can touch base.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gruntled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 9:12pm
Gruntled View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Out from Raglan today for a kingi and snapper mission to the 21. Bloody hell a stripey swims past the boat maybe 20ft away, water greenish and just 19 degrees.....No marlin gear on board (bloody Murphy) but did tow a couple of live kahawai round immediately and for a couple of hours no joy. Plagues of kahawai though, few schools of albies, kingis few and small.
I might have Alzheimer's, but at least I don't have Alzheimer's.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishyrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 11:08pm
fishyrich View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Same for us at south west reef(Raglan) yesterday, saw a marlin tailing, thought it was a log at first so went over to check it out for mahimahi and then the log swam away!! and that was after  the boat Aquaholic pulled a 148kg marlin out from underneath us while we were snapper fishing. Solid fish though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 6.1 aquaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 7:32am
6.1 aquaholic View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Caugth on the bonze trogen. evil squid colours. Forget the blue its a stripy. Took an hour fight time.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 7:47am
Titanium
Titanium

Nice work Mr F.
Page  <1 1415161718>