Game fishing update - Mercury Bay

Page  <1 678910 13>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whiti-fisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 5:18pm
whiti-fisho View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yee ha roll on Wednesday 4 glorious days fishing on 'Requin"in the One Base ,weather looks mint ,fish in plenty ,cant bloody wait 
Was supposed to be about 50 boats in the Classic Boulder but didn't sound that many in the roundup closer to 40 I recon ,but somewhere in the vacinity
I step out my door to paradise on earth
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whiti-fisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 5:19pm
Platinum
Platinum

Plumb crazy what boat you on will keep an ear open and we are coming back in every day so maybe catch up in the Blue Lagoon for a couple 
I step out my door to paradise on earth
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 7:11pm
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hot Spot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 10:05pm
Hot Spot View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went  out sunday and stayed the night at mayor .Then monday we headed up to the mercs when SE of the aldes we had a double strike this one stuck. pending nz junior record
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 8:03am
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

WHITI ONE BASE starts today - will endevour to keep ya informed

8.02 - escapade hooked up on a triple - 3 mahimahi landed
8.19 - leander boated a mahi mahi in grid peninsula civil, make that 2 mahi's

been out and about but mahis about as bob says, a few chukkas landed and not that many marlin that i have herd of.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Martini Max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 8:21am
Martini Max View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hotspot, what a good catch, and not far off a 10:1, congrats to the angler. I was listening when you called the hook-up.

You may like to check your vhf handpiece tho, as when you finished transmitting, ch 61 was locked up for some time immediately after you stopped talking. May have been co-incidental, as there has been a few incidences of this happening over the last week, but would be good to eliminate any problem from  your end. Thanks. Again, good catch, Cheers.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bullrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 8:56am
bullrun View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Martini Max Martini Max wrote:

Hotspot, what a good catch, and not far off a 10:1, congrats to the angler. I was listening when you called the hook-up.

You may like to check your vhf handpiece tho, as when you finished transmitting, ch 61 was locked up for some time immediately after you stopped talking. May have been co-incidental, as there has been a few incidences of this happening over the last week, but would be good to eliminate any problem from  your end. Thanks. Again, good catch, Cheers.

I reckon that dodgy VHF on 61 was a pain in the ass... 

its a real **** when you keep getting that static over the channel and your a long way from the radio to turn it off! I think I was going insane!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Martini Max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 9:36am
Martini Max View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You're right about that bullrun. I'd doubt the earlier 'lock-ups'  were from Hotspot, probably not on our frequency and different sound,but after his last call in, it did. Not pickin' on ya Hotspot Wink. There was talk of the earlier ones maybe from Kawhia or thereabouts, not necessarily from our area.

Lots of mahimahi about today.

glad I'm not out there...4 days..DeadWink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 9:55am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Don't worry Martini, I'm coming up there next week for 4 days or so, I am sure we can get out for a bit of a troll for a day or two, what say you? You will have to let me have a play with my kingies though as well, OK?
Even better, the guys at DeCoro sorted me out a nice big 150l ice-bin (one of the big polyethylene blue ones, very sweet...) so we can look after any fushies we do manage to find (if any) quite nicely....it'll take a fair amount of ice and some good fish too should we be so lucky. It just fits sideways in the back of the 'jero, gives you some idea of the size.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bullrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 10:02am
bullrun View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Martini Max Martini Max wrote:

You're right about that bullrun. I'd doubt the earlier 'lock-ups'  were from Hotspot, probably not on our frequency and different sound,but after his last call in, it did. Not pickin' on ya Hotspot Wink. There was talk of the earlier ones maybe from Kawhia or thereabouts, not necessarily from our area.

Lots of mahimahi about today.

glad I'm not out there...4 days..DeadWink

Im pretty sure it was someone who turned on the radio and tuned to 61 - as it seemed to lock up at times of the day when a fisho would turn it on... I leave one on of an evening tuned to 61 and it didnt lock up... also it would have to be within range of us.. so i'd guess that it is a fisho.. who it is  I dont know
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 3:21pm
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

round up time

adear? - 1 chukka
dawnbreaker - 3 albies to weigh
escapade - 3 mahi - one for dinner make it 2
fishy itch - albies
halcian days - albies and mahi
just it/us? - kahawai to weigh
leander - 2 mahi
liberty - 1 snapper to weigh
mad max - 1 mahi
strike zone - kahawai
wasted days - just hooked up
waverly - 1 chukka
whatever -1 chukka
zingaburger - 1 stripie to weigh - 1700 weigh time

weird - lots dropped tho by all accounts

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 3:59pm
RAV View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

sounds like the boys om Halcian days are having a good day, boof aka dropper Rowe, just taged a nice stripy to go with a couple of mahi mahi and some big albies, nice work!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 6.1 aquaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 4:08pm
6.1 aquaholic View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hey rav wots a cukka
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 4:11pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Spearfish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapazapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 4:22pm
snapazapa View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

cheers tobez for the update,will be up there sat arfo for the last weigh in,one question ,why do they call a spearfish a chukka?
Live life to the fullest...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BuiltToFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 4:39pm
BuiltToFish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

spear chukka....
It's better to be lucky than good!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapazapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 4:41pm
snapazapa View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

ah..got ya.
Live life to the fullest...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote riga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 8:03pm
riga View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

man that vhf was frustrating as hell during the classic, the old man on sing lah pis lost a good fish today, the hook straightened on them, maybe they need to back the drag off the 130 wide
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 7:19pm
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

another 6-8 getting weighed today
lost a baby mahimahi at the side of the boatDead
couple of TR -
6 or so mahi
alberts, snapper a nd ky
couple of chukkas

water 23.7

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whiti-fisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 8:13pm
Platinum
Platinum

Running weights for the first two daysare as follows
Blue    196.0 kg
Strip    118.9
Spearfish   19.6
                   16.something
Kingfish     19.26
Kahawai    2.77
Trev           2.0
Albacore       12.51