Game fishing update 2011 - Tutukaka

Page  <1 34567 13>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 1:46pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Had an afternoon opportunity yesterday. Took it.

Only heard of three, maybe 4 (?) hookups, two were mine LOL .

It appears the fish may be out wider, the warmer water seemed to be, baitfish were in around 160m north of knights where I was, other than that very quiet visually and on vhf. Nice to hear the reels ratchets howl even if only to get my heart into top gear for a wee while. If I was out there today I'd be going straight out past knights to hit the wamer stuff then turn left or right.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Midnight Pearl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 2:02pm
Midnight Pearl View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by HOOKED on PROTEIN HOOKED on PROTEIN wrote:

Obviously with the last week or so of bad weather not much has been happening out of toots but surely there have been some people out over the last few days?? the weather on swell map from yesterday through to Friday looks primo and i think we will be headn up tonight for a crack tmoro..anyone else gonna be out there?? Would be good to hear from anyone who may have been out today as to whether or not the action is still all on and if its in the similar areas?
Havent been out but will be out tommorrow to HP, will be have a look out past the kumara patch and probably north a bit. Espressos post has them in 160m. Keep an eye out for us in a white tintop
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 2:07pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Live reporting expected please  ! ! ! ! ! !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 2:12pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Strong possibility that we will turn left on Friday avo and head up to Tuts and further north for next week instead of going south to Waihau Bay given the lack of action down that way. Who else will be up there from this Friday through to Sunday next week?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 2:14pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Nearly did one yesterday myself, good 3G coverage, but the hands wouldn't stop shakin' Big smile

I reckon go 160m minimum and deeper more like in the 200s..

Stupid fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 2:35pm
Double Shot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Lol Grant, nice to have the ratchets go mate.... if ya keen when I'm back I'll be up at Toots as often as poss....
70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 2:56pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Ill be up that way Dave . With the weather forcast going the way it is I may postpone the anniversary weekend trip and get up there Sunday for a Mon - Wednesday trip
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 3:25pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Depends which website you believe for your weather lance. According to Swellmap Monday is a bit rough, Sat/Sun not as bad. According to Windfinder and metvuw, Sat is bad. I think we will aim for Tuts on Friday night just in case Sat is the 40knts predicted, but it really is still a bit of a lottery until we check the forecast on Friday morning.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 3:31pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I hope TC Anthony stays away...

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 3:59pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yip open a window and look out side, they did say a cyclone was gonna give us another shot over the coming weekend, typical though, it is another holiday after all.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 9:05pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What do you War Lords reckon...?  Click the wind selection...

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 9:13pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

saturday looks ok only about 45kts Embarrassed bugger it all 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote big blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 9:15pm
big blue View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

the boys i fish with pulled one out today, about 170 off home point went 106kg's, good fish.......on a little pakula lumo. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 9:16pm
Kezza 1 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

lots of skippies between  3-5 miles of the heads today
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote seawolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 9:16pm
seawolf View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

but 45knots when the waters warm isnt as bad as 45knots when the waters cold?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sambosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 9:21pm
Sambosi View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Be up for 2-3 days sometime from Monday through Thursday depending on the forecast night prior.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 9:04pm
Kezza 1 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

duno how many skippies left. 4 purse seiners working inside the knights today. i dont expect to see as many schools as we have been seeing the last 2 weeks. oh but good news. 4 marlin tagged and one kept today. spoke to one boat they tagged theirs on the kumera patch. only saw the flags on the pole so dont know any more details
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hookerpuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 10:16pm
hookerpuka View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Coastal Storm Warnings

NIL

Coastal Gale Warnings

COOK, GREY, MILFORD

Auckland VHF

NIL

Oceanic Warnings

HURRICANE WARNING 490
This affects ocean area: SUBTROPIC
Tropical Cyclone WILMA [950hPa] centre was located near 26.1 South 172.9 East at 270600 UTC.
Position Good.
Repeat position 26.1S 172.9E at 270600 UTC.
Cyclone is moving southsouthwest 10 knots but expected to be moving southsoutheast 15 knots at 271800 UTC.
Expect sustained winds of 80 knots close to the centre easing to 65 knots between 271800 UTC and 280600 UTC.
Expect winds over 63 knots within 20 nautical miles of centre.
Expect winds over 48 knots within 30 nautical miles of centre.
Expect winds over 33 knots within 220 nautical miles of centre in the southeast semicircle and within 100 nautical miles of centre in the northwest semicircle.

Forecast position near 28.1S 171.6E at 271800 UTC
and near 31.3S 172.3E at 280600 UTC.
This warning cancels and replaces warning 487.

Issued at 7:55pm Thursday 27 January 2011

Yummy

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote photog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 7:25pm
photog View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Saw 2 weighed in today at Toots, both stripeys one around 97kg one 65kg. Talked to one guy who had tagged and released a blue. He said it was great out there, other side of Knights good blue water, plenty of hook ups. All these fish from trailer boats not launches.
If I'm not taking photos I'm fishing. If I'm not fishing I'm taking photos, either way I'm having fun.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 7:27pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

C'mon Ron wheres the pics?Wink
Page  <1 34567 13>