Game fishing update 2011 - Mercury Bay

Page  <1 45678 11>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish_Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 4:44pm
Fish_Bone View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

90% sure The hook is Merc bay Canvas 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 4:56pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey guys I think something weird is happening here, as when I use the link to the Sponsors Grid I am seeing a different map to Fish_Bone, as the map I am getting does not even have Merc Bay Canvas showing on it, and it sounds like Roy is seeing the same one as me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 5:01pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I can't see the Merc Bay Canvas, either!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote riga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 5:02pm
riga View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The current sponsors grid isnt on their website yet, they only have last years there, you need to go to fishgrid.com to see the latest one, merc bay canvas is the hook on the current grid
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 5:27pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Got it! Same area as malinagator said - different name!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JIMMY NAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 6:42pm
JIMMY NAIL View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

you going out much rigga
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wind Up 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 3:36pm
Wind Up 2 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

As noted on Whito Fisho's post I landed a fish on Thursday - Saracen. It took a Broadbill Old Blue - Translucent Squid - yet another victim for these fine lures. Outsider beside us landed a nice one from a skippy livey. We were both near the Hook. It sure was a hot day and no reason why more action once the weather settles I suggest.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wind Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 3:40pm
Wind Up View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Ohh. Just noted I have 2 logins for the site. Given all the recent controversy over this heinous crime I have come clean....

As noted on Whito Fisho's post I landed a fish on Thursday - Saracen. It took a Broadbill Old Blue - Translucent Squid - yet another victim for these fine lures. Outsider beside us landed a nice one from a skippy livey. We were both near the Hook. It sure was a hot day and no reason why more action once the weather settles I suggest.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skippy68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 8:46am
skippy68 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Does anyone know of a good charter boat for a days gamefishing out of Noosa, Brisbane?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whiti-fisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 7:04am
whiti-fisho View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Finally the weather played ball and we got one day of the Ladies Comp in Lots of Skippie and Albacore ,big schools of Kahawai on the surface feeding on Krill(I Think thats what it is ) some nice kingies and snapper caught as well .We weighed in fish but were out of the prizes .The wife caught her PB Kingie (8.5 kg) was just under the metre so couldn't weigh it in .One marlin caught ,98kg and the strangest looking fish ,it looked like a shark had taken a huge bit out of its stomach and it had healed up and the fish had gone on undaunted ,will try and get a photo ,strangest looking marlin I have seen .Wife got lucky angler draw so is happy ,I even had a few dances with her so I'm in the good books 
I step out my door to paradise on earth
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whiti-fisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 7:07am
Platinum
Platinum

I nneglected to mention an incident with a reel and an issue with fuel as I am sure the Penguin will have something to say about it 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote weeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 2:39pm
weeze View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Ellens first Marlin. Hooked with only 2 mins of fishing time left in the ladies comp
94kg
boat - kawalani

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whiti-fisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 4:48pm
Platinum
Platinum

Congratulations nice fish ,talk about leaving it till the last minute .Was there any theories about the deformity ,I didn't get a close up look .Was it Shark or birth or what do you know .Tell the girls those uniforms with the gridiron head gear and the way they grunted there way up to the stage for the prize had me pissing myself with laughter 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote qrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:57pm
qrs View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

94 kg stripey weighed in last night by Ross Fraser on cool runnings caught near the ammo dump hooked similar time as kawalanis fish just before 4 oclock pakula medium lumo sprocket on the short corner.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish_Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 1:07pm
Fish_Bone View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by MAD MAX MAD MAX wrote:

94 kg stripey weighed in last night by Ross Fraser on cool runnings caught near the ammo dump hooked similar time as kawalanis fish just before 4 oclock pakula medium lumo sprocket on the short corner.

Some very Happy boys, did they manage to leave on sunday night Maxy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rebana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 8:14pm
Rebana View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Good Action outside Aldermans today between 150 and 200m had 4 shots best which dragged 800m which could have been blue - watch for petrels sitting on the water in groups the action is close by.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote six guns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 8:30pm
six guns View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

will be there on mon for a week going hard
skull draging and taging
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote carlostairua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 9:15pm
carlostairua View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Originally posted by six guns six guns wrote:

will be there on mon for a week going hard

like the tropics here tonight, plenty of marlin round, go hard
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote qrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 11:11pm
qrs View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Boated a 24.5kg yellowfin today in 190 metres south of the hook on the shotgun pakula sacred saury lure 9.30 am.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 6:57am
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sweet MadMax.....do you have a photo?
Page  <1 45678 11>