recommend baitcast reel for sp

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jamesdaulton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 7:08am
jamesdaulton View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

you feel a bit unco' but only for the first half hour! much better in the long run
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillzNS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 9:52am
WillzNS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by jamesd jamesd wrote:

you feel a bit unco' but only for the first half hour! much better in the long run
sweet as mate will give it a try will prob end up with chron200
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 9:24pm
John_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The Daiwa Lexa 100, love this tough reel. Those others mentioned require a bit more maintenance. Lexa is tough smooth & so reliable will catch fish without you...LOL Seriously great reel, had the 300 too, but the 100 my goto, have a trini 10a but like the lexa much more...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 7:56pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shimano Calcutta 201D, with power handle. My go to for left hand wind.
Just bought a Daiwa Lexa 300 with power handle, just waiting to go try it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CBF-Whk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 8:53am
CBF-Whk View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I have two, my trusty curado 200 5 years young and still looking good, but have done a set of bearings. Next is a Quantum smoke 200 baitcaster is extremley smooth but the paint protection is not up to salt water and at 18 months old is showing some sad corrosion problems. Be prepared for more maitainance I pull the spools after each trip and strip and clean interals on both every 6 months. But for drop and drag over 20m deep they are the only way to go.

CBF
Whk
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 5:52pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I would hope the op has bought one in the past three years...
Page  <12