NRL 2014

Page  <1 23456 8>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PDSquid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 2:04pm
PDSquid View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

close to being a top 8 team jus too inconsistant, gotta win to make the 8, the bad start has their points diff looking sh*thouse.
looking better anyways

gunjack all the teke
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feijoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 2:07pm
feijoa View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

i think if we play against all teams like we did last night, we will make the finals. if we eliminate a couple of errors either side of HT, we make top 4.

I thought our defensive scramble was excellent. A shame about the result but huge improvement
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PDSquid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 2:09pm
PDSquid View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

on another note, how good is jarad hayne! jaayzus

gunjack all the teke
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 5:47pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by feijoa feijoa wrote:

i think if we play against all teams like we did last night, we will make the finals. if we eliminate a couple of errors either side of HT, we make top 4.

totally agree. if we can just get away from defending in our own half 70% of games, provide structure our the back with johnson, tomkins, hurrell, manu running onto it at pace. i cant see many teams handling it. also intensity. they need to go into every game lifke their lives depend on winning. which is not easy for so many rounds. but its what it takes just to make the finals and thats what they are paid for.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote straks007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 8:29pm
straks007 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Positive signs over the last few weeks indeed. If we eliminate those silly errors and dumb penalties I can see us punishing some teams in the coming months. Very happy with what Cappy is doing with the players and they seem to be buying into it and finally playing as a team. I can handle watching a loss when the boys are putting in the effort and fight. Just need a few more two pointers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mashinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 9:02pm
mashinator View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

went to the game yesterday. They hung in there but the dogs just preyed on mistakes and made them pay with points and pressure. Good signs going down against the top team but need to get there a game on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote straks007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 9:41pm
straks007 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hell I'm pumped for Sundays game. Hope there is a bloody good crowd at Mt Smart to support the boys and in particular a couple of club legends in Simon Mannering and Ropati Clap .It would also be good to show the ****ers that Mt Smart is our home ground!!!!! I hope there is 20, 000+ supporters there. Go the Mighty Vodafone Warriors !!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 3:02pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

why did lolahea get the nod over lino should johnson not make the game? lino is a quality kicker.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote straks007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 9:37pm
straks007 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Glorious day at the park today and just shy of the 20k I was hoping for. Congrats to Simon for his 200th game and what a performance he put in. Top 8 here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 12:20pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i think that game last night is going to lose a LOT of fanbase.

what a pathetic display that second half was. not only did they have them down to no interchanges, they had their big players injured.

yet some how they managed to fold like a deck of cards.

not good enough. heart breaking.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mashinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 12:31pm
Silver
Silver

Oh come on bro. The roller coaster is part of the warriors ride. Helps to keep life in perspective and means the ups are truly high. But I know what you mean
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 1:54pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i wish i could see it that way, i use to, but i dont want us to be one of those clubs that NEVER win a GF. its like the kiwis just dont have enough understanding of how consistently good you have to be for a very long time (a season AND a finals series) to win a premiership, let alone 80mins to win a single game. as someone who wears warriors gear im supporting that. so if i wasnt a real fan i wouldnt care. but i do. they are far too talented to keep losing games that they had won. thats at least 4 this year.

im probably the most dissapointed and truely sickly gutted ive been after any game they have failed in, including 2 GFs.

Broken Heart
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2014 at 9:17pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

funny old game, they played worse than they did against the rabbits but won.

ive seen enough and its with due respect to say, tomkins needs to go home. he should never have tried playing the nrl, its polarising how much harder it is than the uk. he is simply the worst full back the warriors have ever fielded. i feel sorry for him though and wish him well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote straks007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2014 at 11:45pm
straks007 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I agree with you about the funny game, but very glad to get the 2 points. However I couldn't disagree with you more regarding Tomkins. Yes he does make a few too many mistakes per game but his stats are well up there with the NRLs best fullbacks this season. He makes the mistakes because he is involved in everything. Some of the tries scored recently have been directly attributed to his amazing skills. I can think of a handful of tries that put the boys over the chalk that came from his flick passes. Give the guy a chance to settle in. He arrived at a club that was struggling internally that has seen two coaches with different styles. Tomkins is a class act that will only get better the more NRL games he plays. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote onthedrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2014 at 10:36am
onthedrop View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

we will take the points. Tomkins certainly isn't finding the same gaps as he was in the super league but I would say as an individual he hasn't made the transition well as The Burgess brothers and Graham are some of the best forwards in the NRL. Give Hurrel the ball more is all I can say.   

FEED THE WHANAU
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mashinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2014 at 10:53am
Silver
Silver

I'll take the two and I'm sure Tompkins will get better, at the end if the day if the boys up front are doing their job he will look real good. Like most backs
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2014 at 6:14pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think the fitness level of the bgi forwards in the NRL is a lot higher than in Eng, where whippets like tomkins can look amazing. I think his positional play has been good. But hes shakey under the high ball, doesnt get involved often enough, drops simple passes too often, often misses simple tackles. I think im going to have to disagree, hes just use to being the main man in a comp full of fatties puffing at the 50min mark ;-p

I actually would prefer to see tomkins at 6. But with Fish being out for the season and locke gone, and our next super star being way too inexperienced to step up to first grade, id say hell stay at FB. Although Manu could actually be a mean FB, hes amazing under the high ball now, not sure about his positional play though haha.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2014 at 8:24pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by FizFisho FizFisho wrote:

i think that game last night is going to lose a LOT of fanbase.

what a pathetic display that second half was. not only did they have them down to no interchanges, they had their big players injured.

yet some how they managed to fold like a deck of cards.

not good enough. heart breaking.

The game in Perth is ridiculous and its border line cheating from South Sydney. It's almost impossible for us to win. As far as the players body clocks are concerned were playing the 2nd half between 12 and 1 am and in the last 20mins the players are physically wrecked. It's why Souths play the warriors in Perth. I was disappointed but that criticism Fiz is very harsh imo.
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2014 at 8:35pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by FizFisho FizFisho wrote:

funny old game, they played worse than they did against the rabbits but won.

ive seen enough and its with due respect to say, tomkins needs to go home. he should never have tried playing the nrl, its polarising how much harder it is than the uk. he is simply the worst full back the warriors have ever fielded. i feel sorry for him though and wish him well.

The Warriors worst ever fullback lol..... Tomkins biggest problem is his size imo. He's pretty small/light for a nrl fullback. Wicked ball skills tho. He's pretty good at creating a bit of space for Hurrell. I would've liked to see him play 6 while Leuleuai was out and have Locke at the back.
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2014 at 9:10pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They were there for 4 days prior to playing the game, there was no jet lag or excuse for clocking off, to their credit mannering and cappy had no excuses, they admitted they abandoned the game plan. which is what has lost them so many games this year, lazyness, clocking off when the job is half done.

Yeah Tomkins is little, a lot of FBs are small but by NRL standards hes little. Reminds me of willy zilman. My thoughts exactly re while tommy was injured tomkins could have gone into 6. To townsends credit hes a much better player at the warriors, but tomkins needs to be involved a lot more in the play making. Half a season is plenty enough time for him to have proved himself, so I feel my comments are fair. I wish he didnt make so many mistakes, even if he isnt making huge offensive plays, i could live with that, but he makes some brain explosion mistakes.

I respect your opinion, each to their own.

Dissapointing to watch the u20 and nsw cup today. Expected a 3pete.
Page  <1 23456 8>