NRL 2014

Page  <1 5678>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 7:15pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cappy has the team steeled for sundays game..I for one am confident
Round 16 I think , at mt smart Warriors showed resolve and discipline to down panthers 30-20, I rate this coach and hes had time since then to get them amped for this. I love the highs and lows of this time of the season.
tonights game has a lot on it , think the storm will be too strong at home but broncs been going great of late..
whatever happens its been an awesome comp..oh yeah GO THE MIGHTY WARRIORS,,!
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote onthedrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 3:10pm
onthedrop View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by PDSquid PDSquid wrote:

im gonna pick the raiders to upset and beat para?Shocked, cornish and milford in halves i like wighton in space at the back, raiders are mud tho

Nooiiice call , Broncos fans will be cheering on the Panthers tonight.
FEED THE WHANAU
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 2:07pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

probably the most disappointing season in warriors history. should never have gotten to the last game, but to play that game like nothing depended on it was just shocking and embarrassing.

im starting to think cappy is choking their natural talents a bit, or the players simply dont realise they are paid big money to give 110% week in week out.

having one of the best teams on paper in the comp, failing to make the finals is just not good enough.

they must start making the finals year in year out or i think things will eventually fade away with the club :-(

im heart broken.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote onthedrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 3:28pm
onthedrop View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Halves would be our biggest issue Leulauai's past it townsend was better but to turn the warriors round they need a better decision maker Johnsons not there yet Id run him at centre or six We need to buy a new number seven.
FEED THE WHANAU
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote straks007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 4:10pm
straks007 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I have to agree with the heart broken bit FizFisho. Not sure about it being the worst season as we have had plenty worse and as for the best team on paper there are plenty with a lot better (to be honest I think on paper we have a fairly average team at best). 

We all know on the day the Warriors will beat any team in the NRL but sadly the majority of the players suffer from some undiagnosed mental illness which affects every second game. They just don't have the mental toughness most other NRL teams have.

I would give a handful of players a pass mark and only a couple having excellent seasons with the rest being average to below average. Once again a disappointing season but I love the team and am silly enough to get seasons tickets again for next year. Warrior 4 life........................SmileWacko
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 9:57pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Agree Straks..an average season that at times looked promising and other times wooden spoon material..
The game yesterday was a bit hard to take, so much to play for and end up not really firing a shot!
Oh well such is a warriors supporters lot...theres always next year to look forward to
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 6:46pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

some people have been blaming the forwards in general. but we have some damn good forwards who put in a lot of yards this season. perhaps they need a bit more aggression.

i personally was not happy with the halves execution. johnson was MIA most of the season. hes not a stereotypical league half, dont get me wrong he is brilliant, but he doesnt produce it consistently. then townsend, well he does the best he can and the same as TL.

i also think we need another class centre to match KH.

manu gave everything for a lot of the season, one our best, sometimes rocks and diamonds, but the guy helps out when we are stuck on our try line more than any. love him. perhaps could be used as a forward but i like him on the wing and being used for hit ups.

i think the problem is simply getting over the try line. we get there so often and then either get held up or townsend kicks a bomb to the same brilliant player 10 times in a row.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 7:15pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

almost guarantee,Ivan cleary told the panthers,go for the throat and do not ease up.
warriors are their own worst enemy at times,but must hard for the players,change coach through season and wondering if this coach is sticking around or will the axe fall.
part 2 of problem is refs?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 5:39pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I just cant watch the finals at the mo. When a team misses out with a plus 100ish FA it just sucks.

What they need to practise over the break, how to get the ball down over the line at all cost. Im positive this would have seen us in the finals. Also need manu and hurrell taking the ball more often at the line off a johnson tricky play.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote onthedrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 10:36am
onthedrop View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

There have been some awesome games bunnies running over Manly was wicked and the Panthers getting one over the roosters was even better. I cant understand how you cant watch Fiz , some awesome league to watch. I went to the Counties Waikato game on Sunday .... remembered why I stop watching union.
FEED THE WHANAU
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 7:22pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yeah i watched. no surprises outside the panthers game though. warriors should have been there, would have put up more of a fight than the storm.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Northy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 7:54pm
Northy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

We should buy a Carney like player, def need a half. Missed Glen Fish This season. Manu to forwards as his wing defence sucks and is very hit and miss under the high ball.
Johnson sorta needs a reality check, Maybe too much pressure on him to perform? I personally thought Tomkins was solid, albeit abit small for a NRL number 1. Could be a better half even? Our final play kicking game is real average, need more repeat sets to build pressure.

Coach could be chocking the boys up alittle with too much structure and not letting them be flarey at all. But I spose once we consistantly get the basics right the rest should  flow....

Anyways will be looking forward to next season and a change of jerseys lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 9:38pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Johnson was going great before he picked up the leg or groin injury but it seemed like he couldn't find his rythmn when he got back. Leuleuai looked flat when he returned after along lay off but really what can you expect when hes been out for half the season. Imo this year we really lacked a bit of Mongrel and aggression in the forwards. Wouldn't it be great if we could sign some one like James Graham or Watmough. If we offload the dead weight that is Mateo and Neilson maybe that will be enough cash to entice some one like that over. Im sure thats what Cappy will be looking for. We got plenty in the backs. We we're unlucky with the right wing spot this year. Unlucky with Fisiahi early on, then Fusitua. Hurrell looked his best with Fusitua out side him I thought. Manu and laumape were looking great together before injury forced Laumape to the right wing spot where he was no where near as effective and Neilson came on at left center and stopped Manu from getting any the ball. Already looking forward to next season and seeing what McFadden can do with them with a full off season.
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PDSquid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 8:49am
PDSquid View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

gotta tighten up the defence, thats where they get pumped, fall in and out too much very much like my broncs who limped in by beating the odds, they went out the back door quick, you better fix that uncle wayne???lol
the warriors did not deserve a semis berth
gunjack all the teke
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 7:21pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

james graham would be very much welcome at the warriors i reckon. watmo i dont like him, but hes probably the sort of player we need for that reason.

johnson needs a half to match with his sublime skills, that way he isnt under pressure to be a half as such, just a freak of nature. he was a real let down this year with consistency.

tomkins sucked the first half of the season, then was easily one of the best if not the most 110% of them all in the second half (manu of course put in heaps).

i think cappy may have choked the offloads out of them. if you look at all the good teams and the warriors when they play well, they have support players running off offloads, EVERY tackle. we rely on long range runs too much. im not saying throw it round ala old warriors, but pick some forwards who have an offload (like mateo but not).

the main thing is put a flame under them/reality check and make them aware they dont perform they dont get paid, the fans need to hold them accountable. i shown my loyalty for 20 years (and plenty of mocking while living in oz), i expect some back and at least 1 premiership. if you arent playing for the fans and your family 110% every game, then dont put the jersey on i say. they need a prematch ritual of emphasising this intensity thats required.

noone expects to win every game, but to miss the 8 from the position we were in 7 weeks back, just not good enough.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 7:38pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by FizFisho FizFisho wrote:

johnson needs a half to match with his sublime skills, that way he isnt under pressure to be a half as such, just a freak of nature. he was a real let down this year with consistency.

Hopefully you get your wish next season FizFisho. Lolohea and Johnson are the future halves pairing for the Warriors and I guess its up to Lolohea for when that happens. It's a pretty impressive spine if Lolohea lives up to his potential/hype.
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PDSquid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 1:16am
PDSquid View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

the warriors internal system is set to fail, cappy is cutting his teeth, management is oldskool and needs remodeling. if your serious about winning a premiership 2 or 3 marque signings are in order. Prop- Half- Center.

altho the dogs are way down on my like/love list, their model in my opinion is or has the jump on the rest. in 1-5 years this club will own NRLShocked
                       Just my 3.5 cents

gunjack all the teke
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 8:28pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Does $3.25 sound good coin for maloney to score a try?
Gunna put a sly five on him..
keen to see the chooks have a win tonite, a great team to watch when theyre on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 4:48pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by 1Daz 1Daz wrote:

Hopefully you get your wish next season FizFisho.

I think he will, Im surprised he didnt step up for a game or 2 this year. he got named for one team when we were looking ultra short but johnson made it back.

im looking forward to that combo and when abbey makes it to the team. our future is definitely bright talent wise. but i dont think talent has ever been our problem.

was sad to see the CBs, roosters and bunnies all on the same side of the draw, the 3 best teams imo and wanted to see a roosters v either CBs or bunnies final.

oh well, i guess its going to be a walk over final now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 9:17pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

U20s
Page  <1 5678>