NRL 2014

Page  <12345 8>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 2:20pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i agree, johnson is the one who needs to be taught a lesson not hurrell. hes just become like locke did, totally complacent. hes no longer one of the better halves, hes nearing the bottom. needs to take the line on more and back himself. they need to start focussing their training on clinical set line moves involving johnson, tomkins and manu. they just looked so predictable last week kicking to morris who is one of the better catches in the nrl.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote onthedrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 11:25am
onthedrop View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Mean game last night boys didn't give up on D always good to see, Feleti got a nice try, last play options were decent Johnson played well besides throwing a couple more passes to the ground which were thankfully cleaned up by warriors. Faith restored for this week at least
FEED THE WHANAU
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote straks007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 11:26am
straks007 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Clap Massive improvement . Love beating those Storm boys. I also love seeing Johnson run at the line as he always creates something he just dosnt do it often enough. Hopefully his confidence is boosted and we see more running from him over the next rounds. Happy Warriors supporter for a changeSmile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote STEVIE WONDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 12:04pm
STEVIE WONDER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Happy till next week. The Warriors is like a box of chocolates. You don't know what you getting until the final whistle goesBig smile
ONLY WHEN THE LAST TREE HAS DIED AND THE LAST RIVER BEEN POISONED AND THE LAST FISH BEEN CAUGHT WILL WE REALISE THAT WE CANNOT EAT MONEY.
NATIVE AMERICAN CREE
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 2:05pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i think johnson could have done with a spot in the nsw cup not hurrell, as could tomkins. better game, but far from anywhere near potential, id give it a solid C.

speaking of hurrell, what a difference he makes. the guy just ran and ran and ran into the opposition. feleti looks better for the time in reserve grade.

still not enough offloads for the warriors. cappy has coached their natural best out of them, i just hope he realises it before its too late. on the plus side the D focus is paying off, but that should be a given at this level.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 3:25pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Did any one else notice the work Johnson did covering Hurrells ass on D? I Was very impressed with Johnson last night. Running game was good and like I said a couple of covering tackles were superb. Try savers even. Best game I've seen him play in quite a while. I'm a proud Warriors fan today. Also stoked to see how much that game meant to them when the final whistle was blown. Hopefully a turning point for the season.
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 3:34pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by FizFisho FizFisho wrote:

i think johnson could have done with a spot in the nsw cup not hurrell, as could tomkins. better game, but far from anywhere near potential, id give it a solid C.

speaking of hurrell, what a difference he makes. the guy just ran and ran and ran into the opposition. feleti looks better for the time in reserve grade.

still not enough offloads for the warriors. cappy has coached their natural best out of them, i just hope he realises it before its too late. on the plus side the D focus is paying off, but that should be a given at this level.

Who would you play at 7 if Johnson was given a week or 2 in NSW cup? Feleti had an awesome first half. Amazes me how he can look so disinterested and play so bad for 2 or 3 weeks but then turn it on like that. Not the first time he's been dropped and come back from it so well. If he played like that every week til origin 1 he'd make the side.
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 3:59pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Johnson will always look bad when the go forward is not working,last night they had great go forward giving the little men time to work there magic.
Putting johnson into the reserve grade is pointless,hurrell needed to go to reserve grade because he was getting lazy and his defence was shocking...
As good as hurrell is theres some really good up and comming kiwi boys so hes going to have to improve some more.
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 7:43pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

johnson has gone into his shell, much like locke did. he isnt backing himself or performing close to his ability as a ball runner/play maker. part of the problem is his kicking game has gone to crap and tommy isnt the best kicker nor is townsend. im hoping they hold onto lino and slot johnson to 6 when lino is ready to make first grade as he has a mean kicking game and a good goal kicker.

yep johnson has definitely improved his own D, he use to be as effective as a wet tissue on D, but he faces up now and put his shoulder into it.

ive watched every u20, nsw cup and first grade game this year and i dont see anyone putting in more effort than konnie. i think he needed nsw cup at start of year, but then to bring him back, he plays well they win, then put him back in reserve grade while we lose another couple was just nuts, now hes back we look like we have go forward and win. play our best team. konnie will create more points on attack than he will lose every time.

the biggest thing the warriors need to learn is a new culture of expectation, they need a baseline of defense as a minimum for 6 months of a year, minimum. its not pats on the back because they do well one game. outside that they need a license to thrill when they start getting go forward. also its like the offloads been coached out of them. luckily friend is stealing metres up the middle. but we need more than singular hit ups for 4 tackles every set. feleti provides variety but even he has gone into a shell as far as creativity is concerned.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 8:27pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Lino is along way off 1 st grade,what was wrong with the kicking game last night ? Both Tompkins and johnson's kicks in play were good,johnson had 2 chip kicks that were blocked but I thought in general it was a large improvment
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 8:50pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yeah lino is a long way off, we also have a potential super star FB coming through which is good news.

im not refering to a singular game, with the warriors they dont play a season of footy, they do well in patches. johnsons kicking game is inconsistent. hes never going to be stacey jones in that regard so cant expect the world. what he is brilliant at is his touch footy skills, hes a play maker and when he takes on the line i think he looks a lot better. the kicks werent bad last week either, the chase was piss poor. but they had no other plan. its the variety that is the issue, they are relying on the up and under, but last week clearly kicking to morris every kick was a stupid plan. it was like they didnt have any plan to begin with, which is worrying. in saying all that i think they looked to take on the line last night more on the last which is a far better option with someone like johnson in your team or as you said some chip kicks.

my concern isnt how they played last night as they had a pass mark last night, i have high expectations for them to become a consistent team with a pass mark being the minimum. i just want to the see them focus on a season of footy and that to be obvious by their actions week in week out, even if they lose.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote onthedrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 6:56pm
onthedrop View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

A couple of the kicks were good most where average those droppies were dodgy as
FEED THE WHANAU
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 5:37pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Konrad Hurrell seems to have a point to prove.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote onthedrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 6:50pm
onthedrop View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

point proven
FEED THE WHANAU
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 7:35pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep, can't see him back in the 'b' team again this year.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feijoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 7:37pm
feijoa View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

rolled. solid work by johnson and hurrell. lets see how we go next week.

tomkins quick hands at the end there was magic stuff
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote STEVIE WONDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 8:24pm
STEVIE WONDER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Where are all the Hurrell Haters now? Oh probably high fiving him as we speak
ONLY WHEN THE LAST TREE HAS DIED AND THE LAST RIVER BEEN POISONED AND THE LAST FISH BEEN CAUGHT WILL WE REALISE THAT WE CANNOT EAT MONEY.
NATIVE AMERICAN CREE
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote straks007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 7:46am
straks007 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Clap Primo day yesterday watching the boys destroy the Raiders. The boys were on fire right across the paddock and it was pleasing to see Connie came through that rubbish week by putting on a massive performance. Can't wait for our first 'Home' game in a few weeks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mashinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 10:52am
mashinator View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeh, looking forward to the boys striding out onto the perfectly manicured waikato stadium. They have a point to prove v the dogs and some consistency to work on
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 1:39pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

again we lose a close one. definitely a better side than than what looked spineless at the start of the season.

i think cappy is a great move as is keeping all the aussies and getting hoff, in NZ we just dont understand what it means and takes to win an nrl, we need that influence to whip our lazy lot at the 60 minute mark, thats when the large majority of games are won and lost. hope lousi is ok, hes got great potential with the right guidance.

just bad handling, defense was immensely better than start of year. more handling skills practise and intensity and i think we are top 8.

konrad, easily the most intense player in the warriors on offense week in week out. manu does a lot too to help out the forwards as he should.

sucks losing the close ones all the same.
Page  <12345 8>