Kaiaua fishing

Page  123 28>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spaceships Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kaiaua fishing
    Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 11:28am
spaceships View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone been out from Kaiaua in the firth lately.  Thinking of launching from there tomorrow and wondering what the snapper are doing that far up at the moment. I have been fishing west coast lately so haven't had the chance to see for myself for quite a while. cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gottafew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 1:40pm
Gottafew View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I am looking to head up that way possibly next Thursday...
When people ask me how we got on I say..Yeah We Gottafew.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 2:55pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey guys..good mate of mine launched off the beach at the colonels Thursday morning for a session at the mussel farm..tryed in close from 6.30 for only small fish for half an hour then moved to furtherest out row and must have stopped in the right place !..reckons from the first bait was just getting smashed by real nice pannies up to 550mm.
Didn't matter what bait they used..even an old freezer burnt bit of eel was snaffled..even at slack water they still were biting hard ..couple of hrs and they were on there way with a great feed or two.
Fish are probably further south as well ..but would try and fish change of light times.
Good luck
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spaceships Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 11:40am
Silver
Silver

thanks for that info skunk......anyone else ?????????
not going today. gonna wait for this wind to drop off a bit so it will be a bit more comfy out there. maybe later in the week....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 11:46am
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Swt as ..I hope to get up there also in the next few days
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Corokingi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 10:05pm
Corokingi View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

fishing well on that side , heard the deeper rows are the place to try aswell.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ramcoed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 11:49am
ramcoed View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Goin out 2moro,YES!
limit your catch not catch your limit!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gottafew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 12:02pm
Gottafew View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Will be out there tomorrow as well..somewhere
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 2:05pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

oh ok then if you insist I ll b there also LOL
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 7:05pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

well that put paid to that idea......top the oil up put cap back on go to tighten it and breaks in my hand dammit not a happy lad
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gottafew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 7:42pm
Gottafew View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

****.Do you wanna jump on with us cosmo?launching kaiaua town ramp tho..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Screaming Reels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 7:56pm
Screaming Reels View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bugger me i almost keen to drive for 3 hours if he says no 
The Car Doctor Mangakino
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 8:02pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

cheers gottafew but no appreciate offer but going to do rodeo now,do appreciate offer tho
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ramcoed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 9:49pm
ramcoed View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

You staying out the whole day gottafew?high tide 810 am.ive been launching flowry road last trips since I didn't renew my quarry membership.all tide launching too at flowry
limit your catch not catch your limit!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spaceships Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 10:09pm
Silver
Silver

got out there for a couple of hours this evening at last.

launched at kawakawa as needed to pump up the spaceship on the way through, turned right towards orere and out a bit.
Started fishing at 5.30 ish and pulled the pin just before eight. Ended up with 15 snaps up to 40cm between the two of us.
not a bad effort in the horrible seas that the northerly was blowing straight down the firth. Further out towards the middle the rougher it got.
anyway.........the point is that yes I think you should all find fish out from kaiaua somewhere, seemed to be plenty there this evening.

On a crazy note..... 4 asians in a 14ft parkercraft with an old yammy (2 wearing lifejackets) leaving the ramp and blasting across the bay. About 1/4 of the way across took a hard turn to seek shelter from the islands. Good idea in their little boat.

good luck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gottafew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 10:17pm
Gottafew View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yea most likely staying out for most of the day ramcoed.Where is flowry road ?m8
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gottafew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 10:22pm
Gottafew View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one spaceships..you are going to miss the fishing when you relocate...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spaceships Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 11:50pm
Silver
Silver

thanks gottafew......
i shall be changing target species is all.....great whites and icebergs and maybe some blue cod.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gottafew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 9:49pm
Gottafew View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well we had a tough day today.Plagued by small goldfish even after moving a couple of times.Took home 6 snapper which enough for a feed I spose lol.Saw spaceships at the ramp at kaiaua when I came in and he was just launching.How did you get on spaceships??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spaceships Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 10:15pm
Silver
Silver

hey gottafew, thought that was you there.

we did good, got quite choppy for a while with waves from three directions at once somehow.
We got 12 nice pannies and boat back on trailer by 8 oclock. Plenty of throw backs as well. the bite seemed to really come on about seven with baits getting taken before the bottom even.

cheers
Page  123 28>