An alternate way to tie a Fg knot

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An alternate way to tie a Fg knot
    Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 1:27pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

When I first learned the FG knot It involved wrapping the barid multiple times around my thumb and index finger, I found it difficult and fiddly to accomplish .

Playing around I realised the knot is similar to the aussie plat in so far as it is possible to weave the leader into the braid.

1-I start by placing the rod behind a door, alternatively on a boat in a holder.

2- I  keep the leader in my right hand and stand on it to maintain tension.

3- Pull the braid tight.

4 With the mono at 90 degrees to the braid, I wrap it over the standing mainline, 1 full revolution.

5- I then wrap it over the tag end 1 full revolution.

6-Repeat the process  untill you have the tell tale under over wraps of a FG knot.

7- finishing with Half hitches and a rizzuto.

The video isnt flash, shot with an I phone,  but should give you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foR29j9xH-A

Heres another vid that also shows how to weave mono into braid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D3EB4lNcs0

Practice the knot and test to destruction, i love it and all my gear now has an FG knot attatching the leader.

"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 2:22pm
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Links don't work brother.
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 4:36pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fixed....
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ET487 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 6:56pm
ET487 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good one mate, this give me hope as i could never tie it before. Always use the mid knot but now i have another one up the sleeve. Cheers