leader to lure knot

Page  <123>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 6:33am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

NT 1/0 swivel and 9 or 10 mm split ring for 95% of my lures...tie a uni direct to carpenters..........make sure your uni is formed properly up the line before you spit on it and slide it down...........i do that with every uni i tie....including jigging.....uni with thimble......I dont go through twice either(just the once)...retie after good fish.
Merry xmas everyone and a fishy new yearWink
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 7:16am
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

So Stellamoon could perhaps either you or Luke let us know whether it was  a TN knot ( thanks Fishmad1) .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingySlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 10:32am
KingySlayer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Oh my goodness. Looks like i touched a sweet Nerve here!!!

This was the question - "I've read that the chain knot is a fluorocarbon knot only? Is this correct"?

I answered with reference to some well renowned fisho's what they have used in the past. Is that a problem or do i need consent from you to state this? As far as i am concerned i answered the question, i stated that there is no right or wrong way... END of. If you have a problem, feel free to PM me.

Now back to what is important.
www.assassinsportsfishing.com
www.facebook.com/assassinjigteam
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fsholc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 10:39am
fsholc View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by segador segador wrote:

i wouldnt bother getting to tech on the knots and swivels and carry on been sickbaiting with luke 5 or 6 times now and we both catch the same amount of kings i just tie a snapper knot with a melted tag end been put under serious pressure never had one break yet not even 80 kilo shark sorting your sweeping technique is most important to catch more fish imo

.....i think you need to stay off the woodies bro or ill need to bring a counter next time aye Wink 

but your right just fish and learn how to sweep 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stellamoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 10:47am
Stellamoon View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by KingySlayer KingySlayer wrote:

Oh my goodness. Looks like i touched a sweet Nerve here!!!

This was the question - "I've read that the chain knot is a fluorocarbon knot only? Is this correct"?

I answered with reference to some well renowned fisho's what they have used in the past. Is that a problem or do i need consent from you to state this? As far as i am concerned i answered the question, i stated that there is no right or wrong way... END of. If you have a problem, feel free to PM me.

Now back to what is important.

No nerved touched but you answered with the below so I was merely correcting you.
Seems more like your getting all worked up about it, I'm just stating facts.
The only part I agree with you on is "END of. If you have a problem, feel free to PM me."Wink

(One chap i had stick baited with had said he had been out fishing with Konishi and he used a Chain knot for some lures)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingySlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 11:18am
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Were you dropped at birth? How can i put this in terms to make you understand???

Question: Chain Knot for Mono is not Okay?

Repsonse: Chain knot is okay due to well known fishos using.

Reference: I have heard that Konishi has used a chain knot for some lures (to back up response).

Photo: You used to show "he does not use chain knot" actually shows chain knot after first initial connection to lure. Either way your man has used a chain knot connection of types. You basically backed up what i stated. Seems your knickers were twisted. But hey as i said looking forward to seeing what the knot was shown to you is and how different it is to ag chain.

Does that make things clear for you? As i stated if you have a problem you know how to find me.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 11:20am
Jet_ski_fisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Why not use a plated double, then thread the loop over the lure and fish it that way..might be a bit hard with mono  but was looking at it last night..all thumbs and no fingers for me.. so gave up...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stonefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 11:30am
Stonefish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

As the asker of the question that seems to have caused all the ruckus I'd like to put an end to it and say that my question has been answered, cheers. So lets get back to the original post.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stellamoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 11:49am
Gold
Gold

Kingslayer, Stick to your team motto "Jig hard or Go Home"

I suggest you do the later.
Instead of making blind comments and passing on second hand information which is incorrect (which seems to be your fortay), perhaps you should listen and learn from people that have more experience in this type of fishing than you, as there are plenty of people on this forum that do.

I'm not interested in arguing with you about BS, as far as im concerned this is the end of the matter!
In fact I really couldn't care less about what knot you tie to your stickbait, but good luck to you.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingySlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 11:50am
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I think maybe you should stick to your currie making and learn how to cast first. Its no wonder a high brand dropped you. Especially after seeing these childish comments and its absolute muppets like you who think they know everything (which in reality are just key board warriors button bashing ). Not in any shape or form have you actually HELPED in this thread. The only isdue you have made clear is how much of an arrogant .... well I wont fish the rest.

Anyway time to add something to this thread worthy. I have just been shown this knot. Looks interesting. Apparently you can untie and retie the knot. Definately something for us to try out.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stellamoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 11:54am
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Legacy Legacy wrote:

So Stellamoon could perhaps either you or Luke let us know whether it was  a TN knot ( thanks Fishmad1) .

Its very similar to the TN knot Rory but the start is different. I will try and post a video of the knot when I get a chance after the New Year
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 3:18pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

cheers mate , best wishes to all for the New Year
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 5:16pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That knot in the video above, I was shown a couple months back  simple cool and has the advantage of letting the lure do its thing on a loop.
Did a bit of backyard , willl it holds up under loads, intermittent loads  /slip .. in the shed...was impressed.

I have gone away from the uni also.. came across this one, again have no idea what its called but tested well in the shed on braid, mono and fluro, and yet to have it slip on the water..
Its so damn simple intially I gave it the utmost suspicions..
Goes like this....
double back the tag.......put the loop thru the eye....... keeping both together   then tie a 1/2 hitch  (think called overhand these days??)   and the loop then put over the hook/ swivel whatever.

Still having suspsions I modified it a little... 2x thru the eye... instead of the 1/2 hitch, once around for a figure 8   then take the loop over... and pull down...everything broke before the knot even looked like a fail.

I also was having trouble pulling up inis and such to end up with a trace an exact length... as in a long line...w ith the above... fix the hook on the other end....measure of f the legth to the base of clip / swivel whatever.....mono pinch , braid a dot of ball point pen......keep this as the end of the loop and pull that down even onto whatever u are tieing on.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ballsout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 7:28am
Ballsout View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well been on holiday and came back to stellamoon not telling anyone the name of this knot still flip it must be good, I think it should be name the stellamoon knot the most secret knot you can every tie just don't ask for the name because I don't know. I have never tried crimping as ginga posted so I'm going to give this a try next time. There is a lot of really good brands of lures and rods on the market that I fell all work well at different times and conditions. But if your a carpenter man I can see how konishi is god to you, let's face it next time konishi is in nz he may be using a different knot again he always testing his gear it see what will work the best in the conditions.

stickbait hard go home to your mummy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stellamoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 10:39am
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Stinkbait101288 Stinkbait101288 wrote:

Well been on holiday and came back to stellamoon not telling anyone the name of this knot still flip it must be good, I think it should be name the stellamoon knot the most secret knot you can every tie just don't ask for the name because I don't know. I have never tried crimping as ginga posted so I'm going to give this a try next time. There is a lot of really good brands of lures and rods on the market that I fell all work well at different times and conditions. But if your a carpenter man I can see how konishi is god to you, let's face it next time konishi is in nz he may be using a different knot again he always testing his gear it see what will work the best in the conditions.

stickbait hard go home to your mummy

Let me educate you on why Konishi san is respected and has an international following by most international Topwater fisherman  around the world and not only me. Firstly he is a pioneer in this type of fishing we love Stickbaiting

Secondly the difference between his rods and any other rod companies around the world is this

Quote from Carpenter (Australia)

Carpenter has become one of the most respected and trusted fishing tackle manufactures in saltwater fishing, GT fishing in particular.

Each model is designed by Kenji Konishi and he with his testing team spends significant amount of time on water for testing them until action, taper and durability become how they desire for the purpose - absolutely with no compromise.

It is generally quite a long process to develop each model however once they are released to the market there will be no need for future model change (exception to minor change to reflect anglers' needs or to update with newer graphite technologies which are not changing its character) and remain in a range for the rest - there will be no full model change by marketing strategy and anglers will be able to care and use their rods for long time.”

Unlike some manufacturers who bring out a new model nearly each year which makes your latest rod redundant the next year!

Thirdly Carpenter lures have proven time and time again they catch BIG fish and when the fishing is slow that his lures can make the difference. I have been using Carpenter lures since 2010 and I have used plenty of others lures but there is a reason my stickbait collection consists of mainly Carpenter Gammas. Bluefish, Pandora’s, Lively Sardines etc is because they have proven to me that they work on NZ Kingfish in NZ waters. ( I can also fly to the islands, aussie, Sth Oman etc and use the same lures on other species like MahiMahi , GT's,  Wahoo, YFT, BFT etc

I own plenty of other lures like CB One,  Hammerhead, Meronya’s, Sevenseas, Fisherman, Orions Nature boys, RAL , Smiths etc and they all work however my carpenters IMHO outfish the others.

I have lost a few big fish at the leader to stickbait knot and the Japanese anglers like Konishi-san and Yoichi Mogi-san come here for 1 week of the year and land 40Kg plus fish. Thier knots and gear work and have been tested on NZ Kingfish in NZ!!!!

I can hardly say that for many other rod or lure company’s as they are not that dedicated to personally testing thier gear worldwide! These anglers are the pioneers of the fishing we love today, and the above is another reason why they are respected

All the knots that have been mentioned on this post work but when you are on the big boys this seems to be the point of weakness and a straight uni won’t hold it for me all the time when stickbaiting. Most of the knots mentioned will work on fish upto the high 20’s but only a few of these knots will hold on the 35kg -40Kg plus fish and that’s the knot you want to be tying! Instead of posting what knots your going to try, post knots that you have caught 30kg plus Kingfish on that have worked. 

You never know when you will hook up to the Kingfish of a lifetime and you don’t want to lose that fish because some idiot on this forum posted a knot that he thinks has worked or will work on the mid sized fish.

Kingslayer (aka Rat Slayer ) and your side kick Stinkbait I look forward to seeing the pics of the Big Kingfish caught on your Hitter Lures or any other lure you have used and the knot you tied when you landed them, instead of all this BS talk.

Let’s disucuss stickbaiting knots that have worked for anyone on this forum on BIG KINGFISH! not mid sized.

Pics of Topwater Kingfish landed by the above mentioned Japanese anglers and company I'm interested in knots that will hold onto Kingfish like the below!!

As I said in my earlier post, I will post the Knot Konishi san showed Luke and me after the New Year when I get time to make a video.

Tight lines over the New Year everyone!!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote ELEVAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 3:17pm
ELEVAR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

wow this escalated in a very fishing.net fashion.... ive seen 40kg plus fish on uni... caught 30+ on uni, lifted a 156kg dead marlin in a uni hahaha
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 3:43pm
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good stuff guys haven't had a thread like this for ages keep up the good work .
An those pics are epic by the way , they will be hard to beat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 6:57pm
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hmmm... interesting, I thought both you felllas are stablemates in the house of synit?.
I smell a rat kingiLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ballsout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 5:02pm
Ballsout View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I just still can't believe this knot hasn't got a name yet, I many died waiting for it to. I keen getting told a story about carpenter and not about the knot that is top secret. like angler management said he lifted a 156kg marlin on a uni and last time I checked a few marlin fisherman use crimps on big game fish but this knot is better then anything ever tied before, but what do any of us or i know now just ask stellamoon for a story instead

I JUST WON'T THE NAME OF THE KNOT I hope you can read this and I DON'T NEED A LESSON ON CARPENTER I don't need a video to tell me
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 7:14pm
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

IMHO more knots get dusted by anglers pushing their drags up too high......I have used a uni knot as my primary knot for fishing for over 20 years and have never had one fail yet.........stellamoon mentions that a big fish like 30/40 kilos will put more strain on a the connection knot.......yes and no.
        If you are fishing 15kg drag then  how does a 30 or 40 kilo fish put more strain on a knot=It doesnt........the fight lasts longer and with that the endurance of the knot comes into question.....I havent lost one kingi on a uni but then i havent caught a 30 or 40 kilo kingi like stellamoon quotes.......so he does have a point......But many fishos have caught huge kings on a uni.....Jimi the fish springs to mind but if he knows a better way......then we all need to know because as we all know.....they are bloody expensive to lose..................Do you not have a link to this knot anesh?
        As for the rod/sticks....thats up to the fisho to choose........I prefer siren lures to carpenters but hay ....each to his own without insult.............There are plenty of products to choose from....I am happy with my synit topshot lalandi which was field tested in nz for nz kingfish by a bloody good rod builder as i am sure anesh would agree with....the price was more agreeable for me too..............Anesh please either chuck up a link(there must be one somewhere) or do this vid......I am sure it will be appreciated by all on hereWink
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Page  <123>