kaipara reports

Page  <1 34567 33>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote daz500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 9:47pm
daz500 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

they seem to be loving the curl tail grubs at the moment my fav is zman new penny streak but Berkley pumpkin seed is out fishing all of the others (they seem to be a lot softer for some reason ) , I use 1/4 oz nitro 1/0 and cast ahead when things are calm but with a bit of wind cast out to the side and work it around , been some nice trevs as well but they just mouth it and you don't even realise they are there , and the scallops are pretty good at the mom I will show you a good bed , the main one has been thrashed to bits ,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote crowbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 1:41pm
crowbar View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Darren are you going to show all of us a new scollop bedSmileBig smile as i agree with you about the main scollop bed being smashed
Never stop learning
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 7:01pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That's what happens when everyone finds out about it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 8:12pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by daz500 daz500 wrote:

they seem to be loving the curl tail grubs at the moment my fav is zman new penny streak but Berkley pumpkin seed is out fishing all of the others (they seem to be a lot softer for some reason ) , I use 1/4 oz nitro 1/0 and cast ahead when things are calm but with a bit of wind cast out to the side and work it around , been some nice trevs as well but they just mouth it and you don't even realise they are there , and the scallops are pretty good at the mom I will show you a good bed , the main one has been thrashed to bits ,

You must be in pretty shallow water, I was going to try the new knuckle jigs while drifting up the main channel between the concrete and green markers. Looks like we need another club meeting soon?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 10:48pm
sappercatcha View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by crowbar crowbar wrote:

Hey Darren are you going to show all of us a new scollop bedSmileBig smile as i agree with you about the main scollop bed being smashed
daz said to much the other day and i found it its quite small and wouldn't take long for it to become ****ed like the big one every man and his dog uses which is why its on the major down low.....you will have to kill me to get that info mate
keep up the good work boys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daz500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 5:40am
daz500 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yes I think we should have a meeting very soon , will sort a date and let you all know
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillzNS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 9:29am
WillzNS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yeah caught a lot of kings there the other week. It was a very good morning even managed to get a couple on the berkley nuclear chicken squid soft bait. One scallop bed we got around 29 in a pull of prob around 5 to 10 mins much better than the main scallop bed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillzNS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 9:33am
WillzNS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

manage to get a lot on soft bait anchored to 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 10:47am
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What was the depth of water and weight of jig head you were using?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillzNS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 8:41pm
WillzNS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

i always use 1/4, 3/0 or 3/8, 2/0 or 3/0. I cant find 1/0 where ya get them from daz?

normally fish in 6 to ten metres 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 8:47pm
pure--lure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kandrew Kandrew wrote:

Originally posted by daz500 daz500 wrote:

You must be in pretty shallow water, I was going to try the new knuckle jigs while drifting up the main channel between the concrete and green markers. Looks like we need another club meeting soon?
line up the pine and..... yeah best keep that secret lol
http://www.facebook.com/groups/hibiscus.coast.fishing/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillzNS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 9:32pm
WillzNS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

lol Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 11:19pm
Platinum
Platinum

8/1/14 well I have been away over xmas/new-year so this was my 1st kaipara trip for the year finally talked my steep dad into coming on the boat he's really only keen on bigger boats anyway the forcast today was a little dodgy so we got up early in hopes of beating the wind that was sure to show up at some point in the morning.... we got to shelly at 6am and departed into clam seas we parked up at one of my awesome spots and hay presto fish on!!!! we had a very hot bite for the next half hour keeping 8 fish around the 350 mark and putting lots of smaller keepers back but then the toothy critters showed up and that was the end of that tried a coupe more spots but only managed 2 nice gernard and lots of little sharks    back at 12:30 a little damp from the bumpy ride home and with our 8 snaps and 2 gernard in the bin all fish were caught between 6:45 and 7:45am so in high insight we should of called it quits before the wind got up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 10:31pm
Platinum
Platinum

11/1/14- today was the kaipara cruising clubs kids fishing comp and I had 2 young fishos on-board it was one of whiches 1st time on a boat the other one comes out with me a bit so is well used to fishing we left shelly beach at 8am and headed out the forecast was for 6 knots from the south west but it did come up to about 15 knots south west we started at the green marker but only caught 2 snapper and 2 gurnard to put in the bin plenty of small stuff about but so we headed back to a favourite spot which had been going well of late no big ones but plenty of 30-32 to be had and the kids had a ball which is really all that matters just before we left my young sidekick caught a 1.045kg carrot which ended up wining that part of the comp and he got him self a brand new penn rod and reel a very good day had by all.......

on a side note when we got to the club there were a couple of guys who had been out wide chasing marlin and succeeded with a nice 105kg caught on 15kg gear (tld25 reel) was his 1st marlin and was a 2 hour fight it was un releasable so it was brought back for smoking
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillzNS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 10:39pm
WillzNS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

thats mint mate good day out there then
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 9:09am
Catchit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

onya bro, its a buzz taking kids out for the first time.

do you take any notice of Lethal's bite times ? I see in your trip report on the 8th that they were pretty much bang on..

Rossco was out yesterday morning at Waioneki and filled the bin in an hour, smallest 35 cm, so its looking very good.
"We gave Sir Peter a knighthood," Mr Key said, "And if we could give him a second one, we would."

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 11:37am
Platinum
Platinum

nup tony always work on tides I've done awesome on days where bite times have said don't bother and I have done sucks when they say its an awesome bite
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daz500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 4:15pm
daz500 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

i don't know about the bite time for sun but we had a great session on soft baits for 35 mins before high tide then a lull over the change then when it was running out every soft bait thrown down got smashed nice fish around a kg with a few bigger ones thrown in with double hook ups nearly every time , brought a dozen fish home between the 2 of us . and of course scallops with the biggest one going 143mm ,

DAZ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sappercatcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 10:38pm
Platinum
Platinum

Just got back from tinapai yesterday after a couple of days don't know what it was whether it was the full moon or the fact that the wind stopped us from getting to any of the spots we had planned to fish but the fishing Was dead with only 2 keeper's in 2 Days and the scallops have been ****ed over with lots of emptys And only 20got in 2 days
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H2O_dependant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 1:06pm
H2O_dependant View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

got out Sunday down past the marker in neighbours thunder cat - bit wet getting there and back...
Fishing was quiet over the high tide at marker - we moved down to a 6m deep channel over the flats for outgoing. got 16 snapper in about a 90 min session after tide started running out, before we ran out of the good bait..... Plenty of fish to take home, home by 1pm.
Page  <1 34567 33>